Keyword

Getting k2 modules to display on all K2 related pages

• Andy Connell
  • Andy Connell's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #94564 by Andy Connell
I'm Having some trouble displaying K2's modules correctly on my site when sh404 is enabled.I only need/want my K2 modules to be displayed on the pages where K2 articles are.

I have all my K2 categories set as menu items from the main menu and have assigned my K2 modules to display on all pages where these menus are active.

When Sh404 is disabled completely this all works perfectly, but as soon as its enabled. the modules only show up on the k2 menu pages. If I click onto a users blog, and item from the popular posts, module or even my own page from the K2 login module, the resulting page is displayed in a full width screen and all the K2 modules are not displayed.

I have tried creating another menu with all the K2 categories and have this unpublished but again assigned all the modules to show here, but again the modules disappear.I have tried different settings in sh404, enabled but in the parameters select to skip the K2 component, with .htaccess. without .htaccess, but all with the same dissapearing modules results.I have made some minor css or template mod's to K2 so to test against these I have also installed a clean version of joomla with only K2 and sh404, using the default joomla templates and this produces the same results tooAAAARRRRGGHH!!!!Please can somebody help me, not sure if and where I'm going wrong but have seen similar posts in the K2 and joomla forums??Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andy Connell
More
13 years 7 months ago #94565 by Andy Connell
Ive discussed this with SH404 and seems to be a problem with menu item id'

If a menu is created and the K2 module assigned to that menu item, the pages show up OK and modules stay in place.

My problem is that If I click on a users blog from a module or a K2 Item tag from the K2 modules these open up in a page and none of the K2 modules show up.

Ive tested and if I create a menu item for a user blog or tag, assign modules to these new menu items then if your speciffically click on the users blog or tag, then the modules stay in place and the page open up OK.

I cannot however create the other 999 user blog menu links and as many tags as would take for ever.

The Guys at SH404 think i need to request this as a feature - ask developers to add a feature were you can set the Itemid to use for tag links and for user blogs.

How do I make a feature request and is there any way of working round this that I haven't figured out?

Andy

• Andy Connell
More
13 years 7 months ago #94566 by Andy Connell
Just got this back from SH404 which is annoying as now I need to switch of sh404 and wait!

I`m really sorry but there is no workaround for this, you get it working when you disable sh404sef because of joomla which is trying to guess the itemid for links, which is VERY WRONG, and sh404sef dosn`t allow this, so you better ask about this on K2 forums, also we are in good relation with K2 devs so we will try to contact them and suggest that too.

• Andy Connell
More
13 years 7 months ago #94567 by Andy Connell
sh404 forum discussion link were i have been discussing this

sh404 forum link

• Andy Connell
More
13 years 6 months ago #94568 by Andy Connell
Is there anyone that knows anything about this, where I should be requesting feature requests,

As this seems to be a pretty big flaw to me and I have have had no response from here.

Also tweeted joomlworks and sent a direct message for help, but Nothing??

HELP !!!!

More
13 years 6 months ago #94569 by JoomlaWorks
We'll have a look and get in touch with the sh404SEF team. I think there may be a quick solution when sh404SEF is installed. For the moment, either disable the K2 module or sh404SEF.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Andy Connell
More
13 years 6 months ago #94570 by Andy Connell
Thanks,  I hope it can be a quick/easy (not sure thats the correct word) fix.

This wont work with skipping K2 via sh404, I have had to completely disable sh404 to get it to work. The SH404 forum link above, has some good help from Jimi and he also thinks it could be an easy/quick fix.

Thanks for looking into it!

Andy

More
13 years 5 months ago #94571 by Yodeho
I've got K2 (v2.4.1) modules and sh404 (v2.2.4.955) working together with 'advanced module manager'. You can set rules and assign (K2) modules to menu items, K2 categories + child items etc with this component. You might want to give this component a try. I hope this might help (until there is a fix).

• Andy Connell
More
13 years 5 months ago #94572 by Andy Connell
I got this advice from the guys at SH404 a couple of weeks ago as an idea for a temp workaround until its sorted in K2(Hopefully K2.5).
I meant to post back here actually as I have installed this component and its great!

I would highly recommended it and other nonumber extensions

Thanks

More
13 years 2 months ago #94573 by Dave Marshall
Replied by Dave Marshall on topic Getting k2 modules to display on all K2 related pages
Hi all, I was having the same problem and found this fix somewhere on the net but cannot remember where. I am using Joomla 1.5.23, K2 2.41 and SH404sef 2.2.7.981. This is a simple hack to the components/com_k2/helpers/route.php and seems to be working fine for me. After doing the hack, when I click on tags or going to a users page or in K2 all K2 modules are staying in place. I have attached the fix as a file below as this forum sometimes will not let you paste any type of code. Hope this helps someone!

CheersDave
Attachments: