Keyword

K2 2.5 new features

• coolweb
  • coolweb's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #94635 by coolweb
K2 2.5 new features was created by coolweb
Is there any news about the new release of k2? i've read that it will be ready within this month, but i couldn't find any rumor about new features, in my opinion it would be nice to have a simpler frontend submission sistem, with customizable options and categories submission with moderation for both.

Is there anyone who knows something about it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #94636 by Odin Mayland
Replied by Odin Mayland on topic K2 2.5 new features
I personally would like to see K2 2.5 retain the image name instead of replacing it with non SEF numbers.

More
13 years 4 months ago #94637 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic K2 2.5 new features
Hi.

K2 2.5 is mainly about J1.6 support, moving to Jquery, improved dashboard as well as speed optimizations and some new layouts.  It does not do much to the way images are currently handled although it is something that Joomlaworks is very aware of and is on their roadmap to improve.

If you have a subversion client, you can point it to joomlaworks.googlecode.com/svn/trunk and follow all the day to day code checkings and comments to get an idea of what 2.5 is.  You can also download the 2.5 dev build at the bottom right of the getk2.org web site and see it for yourself (in a clean 1.5 or 1.6 install not live ;-)

For future roadmap, see this picture I tweeted during Joomla & Beyond conference couple of weeks ago: twitpic.com/4v3b9v (the full video of the K2 2.5 presentation should also be available in the next few days on vimeo.com/jandbeyond )

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

More
13 years 4 months ago #94638 by Odin Mayland
Replied by Odin Mayland on topic K2 2.5 new features
Do you know if the image handling will be a change that will automatically adjust a current site?  Or will I have to re-insert all the images to get the new way of handling the images to work.

More
13 years 4 months ago #94639 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic K2 2.5 new features
Sorry, they did not discuss in details (although Fotis did mention that not being able to 'rebuild' your images when you change sizes in the parameter is a problem they are aware of).

--Olivier
modernmagic said:

Do you know if the image handling will be a change that will automatically adjust a current site?  Or will I have to re-insert all the images to get the new way of handling the images to work.

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

More
13 years 3 months ago #94640 by Lonnie Waugh
Replied by Lonnie Waugh on topic K2 2.5 new features
Going to assume 2.5 still lacks the fundamental feature of version control we were supposed to see in 2.4? :)

More
13 years 3 months ago #94641 by John winter
Replied by John winter on topic K2 2.5 new features
I have downloaded the svn a couple of times and it shows the last update as being april? And it is not much good without SIG Pro being updated as well. Seems to me that there is going to be little difference soon between what joomla 1.7 bringhs and what K2 keeps promising but never delivers.