Keyword

K2 Items Indexing wrong on Google

• Todd Allen
  • Todd Allen's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #94642 by Todd Allen
K2 Items Indexing wrong on Google was created by Todd Allen
For some reason Google is indexing items in the wrong place.  For instance I have a category called Board Members and the items in that category are biographies for each Board Member.  However, if I Google search one of those member's names, they are listed under the Telephone Directory and also the Insurance section.  The Telephone Directory and Insurance section both have items --- but I'm confused as to why Google is indexing them wrong.  Naturally when I pull the link up from Google, it's showing the item content but the page is completely wrong because its inserting the content into the wrong category/page template.

Is anyone else having this problem and do you have a fix?

I should add that I have no components installed that modify the core SEO functionality.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Todd Allen
  • Todd Allen's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #94643 by Todd Allen
Replied by Todd Allen on topic K2 Items Indexing wrong on Google
Bump.  I can't possibly be the only one with this problem.  Maybe it's that we used K2 in an nontraditional way.  We used Category for pages (for very distinct reasons) in lieu of the core Joomla articles and items are only used on pages with "list" type content.  For instance telephone directories, board members, office locations, service lists, etc.

More
13 years 6 months ago #94644 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic K2 Items Indexing wrong on Google
Hi.

Can you share some exact links to see what's happening...

Do you submit a sitemap via Google Webmaster for your site? Any duplicated URLs there?

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com