Keyword

K2 Menus

• maanojrakhit
  • maanojrakhit's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #94785 by maanojrakhit
K2 Menus was created by maanojrakhit
I am using Joomla 1.5.22. I have installed K2 and imported Joomla contents. Now I can create items and categories within K2.

I see no K2 Menu system. Does that mean I should continue to use Joomla Menu Manager?

I looked through Simon Says where he talks about creating menu link and shows the following which I cannot find in my K2 v2.4.12 installation

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #94786 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic K2 Menus
This will show up when you add a menu item through the Joomla menu manager and then select type K2.

• maanojrakhit
More
13 years 6 months ago #94787 by maanojrakhit
Replied by maanojrakhit on topic K2 Menus
Joomla 1.5.22 K2 v2.14.12

The following images show that when I add a menu item through the Joomla Menu Manager there is no option to select K2

Attachments:

More
13 years 6 months ago #94788 by Terry Britton
Got to menus then main menu (or whatever menu you want to add the link to), click on new and the k2 options will show up.  Menu Manager is for adding new types of menus, not menu items.  You want to add the k2 menu items.

• maanojrakhit
More
13 years 6 months ago #94789 by maanojrakhit
Did you look at the screen-shot 5 attached above? Probably not!

Therefore, instead of attaching, now I am embedding it here, so that you don't need to take trouble to open it.

I hope it's clearly visible now. Is the following screen not for adding menu items?

If you add your menu items from a different screen can you reproduce a screen-shot, please?

More
13 years 6 months ago #94790 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic K2 Menus
Hi.What you are doing in your screenshots is adding a new menu not a new menu ITEM. This is basic Joomla functionality and is not tied to K2 so just follow the instructions here: docs.joomla.org/Adding_a_new_menu_item

Then you will see all the diff. K2 options Simon refers to in his first screenshot.

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

• maanojrakhit
More
13 years 6 months ago #94791 by maanojrakhit
Got your point. Thanks.

More
13 years 6 months ago #94792 by Terry Britton
Unbelievable.

More
13 years 6 months ago #94793 by BruHow
Replied by BruHow on topic K2 Menus
Maanoirakhit, I've done the same thing myself numerous times.

While we're on the topic of Menus, I am wanting to add a bunch of menu items very quickly for rapid prototyping. Any advice as to which extension I should use? I understand 'Masscontent" and "Quickcontent" will allow me to add items and categories quickly (which I can then import over to K2) but I don't know of an extension that allows you to add MENU items quickly.

Then step two would be to make modules which show these menu items. Any advice on an extension which makes a module at the same time a menu item is made (or vice versa?) I know I've seen at least one, but cannot recall the name.

More
13 years 6 months ago #94794 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic K2 Menus
Not sure if this works with K2 yet but are you looking for something like this? www.nonumber.nl/extensions/addtomenu

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com