Keyword

K2 Menus

More
13 years 6 months ago #94795 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic K2 Menus
Hi maanojrakhit

Not sure if this is a thank you or a sarcastic comment (and I think Terry thinks the same). Could you clarify...

maanojrakhit said:Got your point. Thanks.

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• maanojrakhit
  • maanojrakhit's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #94796 by maanojrakhit
Replied by maanojrakhit on topic K2 Menus
BruHow, thanks.

I have explored and tested a number of other components and plug-ins of which some I use and some I abandoned.

But on menus, I haven't yet looked beyond what's available within Joomla. However, I also felt the process a bit tedious going through different stages that you describe, which at initial stages become a bit confusing, and later as you come to understand the concept it seems like unwelcome extra work. I would have loved the idea of creating menu and/or assigning to it while I am on article page but then I know it's not possible within current architecture of Joomla.

Yesterday, I tested Joomla 1.6 and found it has two great advantages over Joomla 1.5.22. It incorporates most essential features of K2. So, one may not need to install K2. Secondly, it allows Unicode URLs which comes very handy for multi-lingual sites like mine.

I am sorry that I couldn't be of much help with regard to questions you asked though I also find those very questions quite relevant.  

• maanojrakhit
More
13 years 6 months ago #94797 by maanojrakhit
Hi Olivier,

It was a thank you!

Certainly, not sarcastic.

I am glad that you asked for a clarification.

Now, I understand why Terry said "unbelievable".

Olivier Karfis said:

Hi maanojrakhit Not sure if this is a thank you or a sarcastic comment (and I think Terry thinks the same). Could you clarify...

maanojrakhit said:
Got your point. Thanks.

• maanojrakhit
More
13 years 6 months ago #94798 by maanojrakhit
Thanks, Olivier.

Actually your earlier thread had already helped. With the steps given therein I re-looked at the issue, soon to find what I had earlier missed.

It was a mistake on my part to have replied to Terry pointing to my earlier attachment-5. I should have re-looked at what he was saying by going into Joomla.

But the Joomla documentation thread you pointed me to was more explicit and that's why I was soon to spot my error.

The second thread you have now suggested - I did look into it - for you were spending time to help me - and reading through the thread is the least I could have done - though you had already solved my problem.

Regards.

Olivier Karfis said:

Not sure if this works with K2 yet but are you looking for something like this? www.nonumber.nl/extensions/addtomenu

--Olivier

More
13 years 6 months ago #94799 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic K2 Menus
Glad it helped. Cheers.

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

More
13 years 6 months ago #94800 by Swapnil Bhosale
Replied by Swapnil Bhosale on topic K2 Menus
Hey dude, relax, its the simplest way out.

Follow this:

Go to Menus drop-down > main-menu [or any other existing menu]
Click New button in green in right top corner
Click K2 > select Item/ Categories / Latest Item
New page will open: enter menu name & assign co-related category from right side select option list
You can assign its hierarchy by selecting top or under some menu below title

You job is done.

Please check out. :) have a great day