Keyword

K2 Frontpage setup issue

• alisamii
  • alisamii's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #94801 by alisamii
K2 Frontpage setup issue was created by alisamii
Hi:

I am having an issue with setting up K2 as the front page.

I want to replicate the way that the front page of Joomla works.

On Joomla, when you set up the Home menu item as the default and it is defined as a Front Page Blog Layout, you can define modules to show up on that page, and when you click on a link that takes you one level in (let's say you click on the read more link of article in the main content area to see the full article), the page you reach is shown slightly differently. Depending on how you have set up module visibility, the module can either show or not show up.

For example, let's say I have a mod_custom module defined to show on the home menu link only.

In the Joomla default Front Page Blog Layout setup, when I click on the article in the main content area, the mod_custom module does not show up on on the clicked-through page.

When I define the mod_custom module using K2, when I click through to the item page, it still shows up.

How can I make it only show up on the actual front page and not the clicked through item page?

Any help would be most appreciated. I would be happy to provide anyone with a username and password to access my site if they wish.

I have attached screenshots of what I mean/

Thank you.

Ali

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #94802 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic K2 Frontpage setup issue
The article you were clicking on is probably assigned to some menu item (or its parent category). This means the article gets a new menu itemID, thus why the module does not display (which is assigned to the frontpage menu itemID). Do the same with K2 and you're done ;)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• alisamii
  • alisamii's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #94803 by alisamii
Replied by alisamii on topic K2 Frontpage setup issue
Hi:

The article wasn't assigned to any menu item. I set up a K2 category menu item, hoping that would address the issue, but it did not.

Would you be willing to log into my joomla admin and assist me?