Keyword

k2 Video Page

• kasush
  • kasush's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #94875 by kasush
k2 Video Page was created by kasush
Hello - 

I would gladly give up my third arm to find out the module, extension, hacks,template, options, whatever combination is required to get the same layout as the one used on the K2 video page.

community.getk2.org/video

I am especially baffled as to how the videos show up as thumb nails and the article intro text show up right besides the video thumbnail.

Any detailed help/insight would be much appreciated. 

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #94876 by william white
Replied by william white on topic k2 Video Page
Try grabbing an image of the video you want to show and upload that as an item image. Attach the video to the item. Create a category view with two columns, set the image to xsmall and override it if necessary.

Unless something has changed, the page you are referring to is not a k2 view as this was a part of a Ning network

• kasush
  • kasush's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #94877 by kasush
Replied by kasush on topic k2 Video Page
Thanks very much for the quick response William. I will give that a shot. 

By the way do you know of any k2 or joomla plugins that will help create that effect out-of-the box without manually first creating a video thumbnail. It could be a commercial or non-commercial plugin. I know that the all videos plugin doesnt  go this far and it seems that the global configuration settings for all videos plugin is ignored by k2 too.

This is for the web site for a new TV show.
The website is all about videos, and it is built upon Joomla and k2. And we are trying to mimic the look and functionality of this site below (Dr. Oz). We need a way to make videos quickly accessible to visitors and members.

www.doctoroz.com/videos