Keyword

Product Catalog with Multiple Extra Fields?

• joomGO
  • joomGO's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #94903 by joomGO
I'm trying to figure out how to best use K2 to manage all of the inventory/product catalog for a website we are developing.

Here is an example:

www.heidlerhardwood.com/Inventory.htm

The problem I run into is if I setup an item for each product item (such as Aniegre, Ash, Ash Special Widths, etc.), how can I make it so each time can have multiple group field entries.

For example:

Aniegre has 3 types that they stock with the specific thickness, grade and footage on hand.

Ash has 18 different types that they stock with the specific thickness, grade and footage on hand.

Will K2 work to manage their product catalog or is there a better option out there?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #94904 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Product Catalog with Multiple Extra Fields?
You will probably need to put aniegre and ash in a seperate category called say aniegre and ash, create different groups of extra fields and assign to the proper categories,  The display will most probably not be tabular unless you do a lot of overriding of your k2 default templates.

You might look into K2mart which hooks k2 items to virtumart store/cart software as vm may have built in ways to do what you want, im not sure....maby someone else will comment here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.