Keyword

Weird signs in introtext on all articles.

• sondre jensen
  • sondre jensen's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #94935 by sondre jensen
Weird signs in introtext on all articles. was created by sondre jensen
Hi!

I've recently discovered K2, and transitioned in to K2 about a week ago. I'm currently building a new site for my business, and currently have it on my PC, using a wamp server (wamp2.0).

I've discovered this bug with articles in category view, my frontpage. The problem is when I set introtext to be cut to X number of words, these wierd signs appear in the introtext. They are not there once I open the full article, or when introtext limit is not set. In Chrome the signs looks like a diamond with a question mark in it, while in Opera and I assume IE, they look like empty squares. 

It does not really makes sense to me that this is an encoding error, since the problem is only there when the introtext is cut for the category viewing page. Besides, both my wamp server and the joomla page is encoded in utf=8, which is the correct one, right? (I've never tampered with this, just noticed that this is the case)

I'm using a Norwegian translation of joomla and K2. And I'm either blind, or there is nothing in the articles codes that can cause these silly signs. What I did notice from the articles code however, is that since the language is set to Norwegian (I assume), SOME, not all of them, have these <span lang="NO-NYN"> tags within every <p></p>. And it seems like articles gets these signs in category view regardless. The span tags may have been adopted when copying text off of old articles from the old website.

But, it appears to me that the introtext cutting script strips the text for any html code, is this correct? If so, might that be the problem? That the text doesn't have these <span lang="NO-NYN"> encapsulating it? If so, it is even weirder that articles that don't have those tags, doesn't have any encoding errors in fulltext. 

I'm at a total loss here, perhaps it's just the wamp server, if that's the case then its not really a problem, seeing as its going go live sooner rather than later. 

Thanks in advance for any help and answers! 

Best regards!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.