Keyword

Has K2 broken my site?

• Chris Elliott
  • Chris Elliott's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #94947 by Chris Elliott
Has K2 broken my site? was created by Chris Elliott
I read the K2 reviews and it looked as a good way to make content work better for me. I applied it to my test site (which "had" a load of useful test content on it).

Import worked fine.

However, I wasn't convinced I was ready for K2 just yet and so, maybe I screwed up, I dunno, I removed the KS2 Modules and Component (in that order and when I removed the component, it did report that it hadn;t been able to remove the modules (as I had already toasted them)).

BUT as soon as I did that, none of the site was visible anymore on the website! Big White Screen!

I can see the Articles, Categories etc are still visible in admin and all are editable in the Joomla admin area, but I can't figure out how to get back to how I was running prior to the K2 install, so...

I reinstalled K2 and the site came back. I then removed K2 by uninstalling the Component and that was threw up no errors, removing the modules cleanly, but the site web content was emtpy again. Big white screen. Grrr.

Looking at the reinstalled K2 Component >> K2 >> Items, I see the previous import from Joomla Core has not been retained in the new install of K2 so, does this mean I now have to 'live' with K2 being installed and not used, or can I revert to Joomla Core easily?

And should I be able to remove K2 and revet back to Joomla Core Content?

I'm kinda scared!!

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #94948 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic Has K2 broken my site?
Hi.

Are your menu items still pointing to K2 items by any chance?

If this was a test site, you should have backups right. That might be your fastest way to recovery...

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

• Chris Elliott
More
13 years 6 months ago #94949 by Chris Elliott
Replied by Chris Elliott on topic Has K2 broken my site?
Hi - thanks for the help!

Are your menu items still pointing to K2 items by any chance?

No idea =- how would I see if they were?

C

More
13 years 6 months ago #94950 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic Has K2 broken my site?
In order to see your test K2 content, you must have changed some of your menus to point to K2 categories or items.  Did you change them back to point to Joomla content?  If your menu items pointed to K2 items and then you delete K2, your asking for troubles...

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

• Chris Elliott
More
13 years 6 months ago #94951 by Chris Elliott
Replied by Chris Elliott on topic Has K2 broken my site?
No,  in fact I simply used the "Import" feature in K2. This was successful. I didn't change any menu items at all. Odd eh? I guess what I was seeing AFTER I imported was still the Core data, not the K2 data.