Keyword

Comments - add custom fields

• luca.paltrinieri
  • luca.paltrinieri's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #94966 by luca.paltrinieri
Comments - add custom fields was created by luca.paltrinieri
Hello there,

I would like to add some custom fields to the comment form, such as a checkbox, a multiple selection list.

Is there any way to do this?

I have searched the forum but did not find anything.

Cheers,

L

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #94967 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic Comments - add custom fields
It's possible, but not easily.  You could look at other comment components, but at least the ones I'm familiar with wouldn't do that very easily either.  What exactly are you trying to achieve?  Maybe there's another way of doing it.

One possible answer would be to use JReviews instead of K2.  I think you can setup the reviews with extra fields and ignore the rating part if you want to.  So it would work like comments with extra fields.

• luca.paltrinieri
  • luca.paltrinieri's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #94968 by luca.paltrinieri
Replied by luca.paltrinieri on topic Comments - add custom fields
Thank you for the reply.

My client would like to obtain data about the people that upload their comments, and for this purpose thay want me to add more fields and a checkbox where the user gives his permission to use the data to send him promotional messages...

More
13 years 5 months ago #94969 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic Comments - add custom fields
The comment functionality of K2 is purposely pretty basic, so you will probably have to look at another comment component.  I'm pretty sure you can add fields to the comments with jReviews.  Here's a post on how to add fields to the comments on jomcomments: www.joomlapro.co.uk/forum/components/add-and-extra-field-to-jcomments.html.  These are both paid components, I would suggest you look around at the free comment components also.  I'm just not as familiar with them.