Keyword

Adding items in foreign languages/character sets

• Wire Creative
  • Wire Creative's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #94971 by Wire Creative
Hi,

We have a site that is 99.9% in English. However, there is interest in ocassionally posting items in Korean. No translations involved, just a few articles entirely in Korean, while the others are entirely in English. This includes item title and item content.

We'd like these articles to co-exist in the same K2 category, so when the category page is viewed, the list of articles will support multilingual content: some in English, some in Korean, on the same page.

Currently, when we paste Korean content into a K2 item form, when the item is saved the Korean changes into gibberish, like:

2011년은 'I/O 가상화' 도입 원년으로 주목

Becomes:

2011?? 'I/O ???' ?? ???? ??

I don't think we need a comprehensive language component like JoomFish (I tried that anyway, but enabling the Joomfish plugin resulted in an immediate 500 error), just a plugin or something that supports the Korean character set.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Greg.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #94972 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Adding items in foreign languages/character sets
You might try a plugin designed to include the display of code in an item or article and surround your forign text with < tag > < / tag >

• Wire Creative
More
13 years 6 months ago #94973 by Wire Creative
Replied by Wire Creative on topic Adding items in foreign languages/character sets
Thanks, but we're having this problem both in the body of the item and in the title of the item. A content plugin wouldn't help the item title (would it?).

Update: FWIW, I already had both Jumi and Sourcerer installed on the site, and the Korean reverted to garbage in both sets of tags.

I also thought maybe JCE was messing it up, but that wouldn't affect the Title field.

• Wire Creative
More
13 years 6 months ago #94974 by Wire Creative
Replied by Wire Creative on topic Adding items in foreign languages/character sets
It appears to be an issue with the way the database tables are set-up.