Keyword

Category listing with items below each subcategory

• David Csino
  • David Csino's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #94975 by David Csino
Hey folks,

I am having a hard time figuring out how to set a subcategory and make it works how I exactly ant it :)
The thing is within a category I want a few subcategories with items shown but each subcategory would have bunch of its items listed below. Currently its showing list of all subcategories and below list of all items

here is an example how I would like it to work

Page Title
Parent Category title

- Subcategory 1 title
-- Subcategory 1 Item 1
-- Subcategory 1 Item 2

- Subcategory 2 title
-- Subcategory 2 Item 1
-- Subcategory 2 Item 2

If you guys have a piece of advice or better piece of code it would have help me a lot :)

Cheers,
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #94976 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Category listing with items below each subcategory
If you are unsing a grid type template put a k2 content module pointed at a single category in different positions

• David Csino
  • David Csino's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #94977 by David Csino
Replied by David Csino on topic Category listing with items below each subcategory
Hi William,

thanks for your quick response. I'm not quiet sure what you meant by pointing a single category in different positions. Would you be a bit more specific?

D.

More
11 years 1 month ago #94978 by Lee
I think I'm trying to do the same thing, and this is with a big client.

I'm very surprised that the layout completely changes when you've got a menu item linked to a category, that has sub categories and sub sub categories inside it, and it can't show the sub sub categories (it only goes to the subcategory level).

Put simply, I have a website showcasing many different sign types, each put into sub categories, and then into categories of Internal and External.

I have both Internal and External as menu items, and the sub categories show perfectly fine when clicked with the headings as either Internal or External for the page.

However, I want to create a page/menu item that shows both Internal and External items on one page with the subcategories showing under each category heading.

When I try to put both Internal and External as categories in the viewing options, it shows them as links (Internal and External) with the folder icon. When I seelct show child items, it just puts the actual items on the page, and not the sub categories they're in.

Is there anyway to work around this?