Keyword

Any way to change the "read more" text?

• canderson
  • canderson's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #95006 by canderson
Any way to change the "read more" text? was created by canderson
I know this can be changed template-wide, but is there any possible way to have an option to change this within the item itself like Joomla?

The site I'm building needs it to sometimes say "Click here for the full story" and sometimes say "Check the video after the jump" and so on.

Please, please tell me there's some way to alter this text for individual items? I'm using a RocketTheme template but that shouldn't really matter for this I don't believe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #95007 by Ally Ward
Replied by Ally Ward on topic Any way to change the "read more" text?
Hey Chris,You should be able to open com_k2 > templates > default > category_item.php and either search for "Read More..." or locate it yourself on line 268 and replace it with the text you prefer.-Ally

More
13 years 4 months ago #95008 by Jason Brown
Replied by Jason Brown on topic Any way to change the "read more" text?
HI,

I am using the latest version of K2 and have followed your instructions however, it does not change the text. Is there any other way i can do this.

More
13 years 4 months ago #95009 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Any way to change the "read more" text?
If you have edited components/com_k2/templates/..... and there is no change. Are you using an override. Does your template provide overrides for K2?

Check in templates/html/com_k2/templates/default/category_item.php or your override name directory there