Keyword

Multiple Catagory display with multiple templates...

• Michael Tull
  • Michael Tull's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #95082 by Michael Tull

Ok, so here is what I am looking to do, and I am hoping that someome might be abel to point me in the right direction.

I have two ( at this stage ) Catagories - Events and News. ( oh and I am using CSS4K2)

I want to display SOME items from both these catagories on the front page.  So I looked around and yes.. I can use a "frontpage" tag, or the latest items to do this, and it works, however these two catagories have two compleatly different templates in catagory list view.  The news is a pretty basic blog, but the events are not, with a number of individual extra fields being displayed ( not displaying all the fields in the list view )

When I use tags or latest, bang.. I have another template to mess with being 'generic'.. and they all have to look the same, which just does not work for what I want to do.

What I would like to do is either.. preferably 1) Display items from multiple catagories where each item retains its own CatItem template and the items are displayed in and order (latest etc) ...

Or display News and Events in two sections on the main content area on the front page using their own catlist templates.

I have looked at a few extensions but have not come up with an answer.. ( looking at K2 content wall from Jxtc next.. )

I thought about using k2_content and adding two module into content area with loadpos etc but have not had a chance to try it yet to see if it will get everything I need.. and how flexible/ what sub templates do.. and beside, thats a whole lot of extra work IF there is a way I can just 'retain' the template for individual items in a multi cat view.

I am hoping for a little advice, through, suggestions from anyone out there who knows a lot more than me.

Many thanks in advance.

Michael Tull

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.