Keyword

Need To Edit mod_k2_login module

• Denis Devine
  • Denis Devine's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #95106 by Denis Devine
Need To Edit mod_k2_login module was created by Denis Devine
I want to edit the Create Account link in the mod_k2_login module so that it points to the JomSocial registration page instead. Where do I look for the code to edit?

Also, how can I remove the Add Item link?

Thanks. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #95107 by Matt Payne
Replied by Matt Payne on topic Need To Edit mod_k2_login module
I think the workaround I created for CB will work for you too:

community.getk2.org/forum/topics/k2-login-and-community-builder

• Denis Devine
More
13 years 6 months ago #95108 by Denis Devine
Replied by Denis Devine on topic Need To Edit mod_k2_login module
Thanks for your tip. I tried to follow the instructions. But I could see I was missing something even before I implmented it. I'm not a coder, but this looks wrong. What mistake did I make? Thanks.

var JLanguage = {}; &lt;li&gt;&lt;a href="steinerparents.com/index.php?option=com_community&view=register&Itemid=13"><?php echo JText::_('Create an account'); ?></a></li> JLanguage.LOGIN_WITH_OPENID = \''.JText::_( 'LOGIN_WITH_OPENID' ).'\'; JLanguage.NORMAL_LOGIN = \''.JText::_( 'NORMAL_LOGIN' ).'\'; var modlogin = 1;

• Denis Devine
More
13 years 6 months ago #95109 by Denis Devine
Found my mistake. Pretty obvious really. Wrong file!

I have now edited the correct file and it looks like this...

&lt;ul&gt;    

&lt;li&gt;&lt;a href="&lt;?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_user&amp;view=reset' ); ?&gt;"&gt;&lt;?php echo JText::_('Forgot your password?'); ?&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/li&gt;    

&lt;li&gt;&lt;a href="&lt;?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_user&amp;view=remind' ); ?&gt;"&gt;&lt;?php echo JText::_('Forgot your username?'); ?&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/li&gt;    

&lt;?php if ($usersConfig-&gt;get('allowUserRegistration')): ?&gt;    

&lt;li&gt;&lt;a href="&lt;?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_community&amp;view=register&amp;Itemid=13' ); ?&gt;"&gt;&lt;?php echo JText::_('Create an account'); ?&gt;&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/li&gt;    

&lt;?php endif; ?&gt;  

&lt;/ul&gt;

But for some reason it is still accessing the K2 registration page! Any idea how or why? I *really* need to stop this because I need to use JomSocial Profile Types on my site and I can't if K2 is registering people!

Thanks,

Dom

More
13 years 6 months ago #95110 by Matt Payne
Replied by Matt Payne on topic Need To Edit mod_k2_login module
It looks like it is working to me. On this page: steinerparents.com/index.php?option=com_community&view=frontpage&Itemid=13 the right module is linking the registration page to com_community which I assume is the jom social reg page?

• Denis Devine
More
13 years 6 months ago #95111 by Denis Devine
Yeah, all the links go to JomSocial with the exception of the top right Login which still points to K2.

Ideally, I wanted to get rid of all extra links and just have the Login link top right (and rename it Login / Register.

But now I'm leaning more towards having two main menus (one for logged in and one for not logged in with the non-logged in one having a Register link).

This way, I won't need to 'fix' the existing problem. I just hope I don't get another one... :)

• Denis Devine
More
13 years 6 months ago #95112 by Denis Devine
I reactivated JomSocial Profile Types since this is a required component.

It seems to ,e the only problem caused by JomSocial Profile Types is that it 'breaks' the Styleware bridge's ability to pass on user information from JomSocial to K2 so that users have a K2 user type and can create articles from the front end.

Since this is essential, I have to find a way to fix this problem. But I'm not a coder.

Can anyone help solve this problem?

More
13 years 1 month ago #95113 by geneve
Replied by geneve on topic Need To Edit mod_k2_login module
Hello i'm trying to fix my broken create an account link it broken, i'm very new to this my web designer past away and i'm learning as i go never did this before. Where would i find the link to fix it? I would like for it to point to my Goomla social create account but i have no clue where to begin but i do know how to follow instructions can some please please help me.