Keyword

Captcha not working in comments after database clean up of comments

• Bill Patterson
  • Bill Patterson's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #95142 by Bill Patterson
I had captcha working in the comments section after finding it not enabled and there where 86,000 spam comments.  Just took over this site and I had to fix that.  Did the enable and got public and private keys from recaptcha at google and it worked.  I then went to the mysql database and the comments table was full like I said.  I emptied the comments and then went back to the site and found that the comments section was not showing up on my items.  I went in to parameters and changed the setting from registered only users to everyone.  Now the comment form shows up but no captcha.  I have two bugs now.  No captcha and when I turn the comments form to registered users only it does not show up when a registered user logs in.

Help...fairly new to joomla

site is www.fxcrc.org

Just tested again by disabling the comments and then enabling it (saved each change) and if set for registered users only it does not show up.  The parameters for registered users is correct that they can leave comments.  If I set it for everyone then the form shows up but no captcha.

Is the area where you see the person who is leaving the comments name and their email suppose to be not editable?  I see my name and email but no way to change it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.