Keyword

Read more button - text before this displays????

• Joe Louw
  • Joe Louw's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #95182 by Joe Louw
Hi

I would like to know? Once I click on the read more button on an item, all the text before the read more button in the full article/item are displayed grayed out / different. I don't want it like that, where do I change it so the the full article / item display the same???

Thank you

Joe Louw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #95183 by Wayne Morley
Replied by Wayne Morley on topic Read more button - text before this displays????
Go to K2 categories and select the category that you want to edit.  When the edit category window opens select Item view options in the Parameters panel.  Then find Introtext and select "show"

• Joe Louw
More
13 years 6 months ago #95184 by Joe Louw
Hi Wayne

Thanks for this, appreciate it: I did see that "intotext" but it either shows it or not showing it. I would like to show it BUT the part before the readmore on the article/item is grayed out, I don't whant it to show as grayed out, it should just show the full article. 

Please see sample www.thombesafari.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=20:tip-of-the-week&Itemid=1

maybe this will explain it better, see if some one can help me with this one.

More
13 years 6 months ago #95185 by Wayne Morley
Replied by Wayne Morley on topic Read more button - text before this displays????
OK now I see what you mean.  To fix this you will need to edit you CSS file. On your site it is located in SITEROOT/components/com_k2/css/k2.css. Open this file in an editor and go to line 188 or search for "div.itemIntroText". Just after that you will see "color: #444;". This defines the color of the text.  To change the color of the text to the default color you can just delete the color statement, or you can change the #444 to #D9D5CE.
color:#444;

• Joe Louw
More
13 years 6 months ago #95186 by Joe Louw
Hi Wayne, thank you for that I got that fixed - Now Joe is happy.

I was wondering one more thing please, do you know if it is possible at all to place a image (like a .gif file) in the or next to TITLE of each item?

For eg if my title is: "Learn Photoshop" could I then add a small .gif file right next to or in front of the title???

More
13 years 6 months ago #95187 by Wayne Morley
Joe I’m glad that I was able to help, and make you day a bit brighter.

I have only been working with the K2 plug-in for a few days so I don't have an in depth knowledge of the software. The quick answer to your question is yes it is possible; it can be done with a new or modified CSS rule to place a background image on the title line. The problem with this approach is that the same image will be used for all articles on your site. Another similar method would be to create a separate template for each category, and modify the CSS in each template to show a unique image for all items in that category. This is more versatile, but a lot more work.

Another way to do this would be to turn off the display of item titles in the category definition and then create your own title line within each article. This will allow you to insert an image on the title line when you create your articles. This is the most vestal approach, but it will add more work when creating new articles.

Good luck. Wayne