Keyword

Will K2 work for me?

• Cillista Slider
  • Cillista Slider's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #95376 by Cillista Slider
Will K2 work for me? was created by Cillista Slider
Hello,

I just wanted to quickly ask if K2 is what I need to accomplish what I want before I go through the trouble of dl'ing and installing it. Basically my site is for my dance school, the issue is the 3 tiers of organization in joomla can't do what I want w/o having to resort to linking articles within articles. I only have this problem for one section in joomla for logged in users (on this point can K2 be used in conjunction with the core joomla menu sys.?). Basically I want to have one category called 'steps' which links to an article where 4 links to the 4 different grades of dancer level competition (i.e. begginer, primary, intermediate, open) display, which then can be linked to a sub article that displays all the styles of dance for that one level of dance (i.e. light jig, single jig, slip jig etc.) which then links to an article that displays the corresponding demo video and downloadable word doc with the steps written out for that one style of dance. Will K2's nested categoris achieve this or am i barking up the wrong tree?

If this confusing look at this:

Steps
beginner
slip jig
leadaround
1st step
2nd step
3rd step

single jig
light jig
treble jig
hornpipe

primary
intermediate
open

Thank you!

Regards,

Cillista

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #95377 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Will K2 work for me?
With k2 you can create nested categories and the items will be at the bottom or (right)

Each category can have its own subcategories and items

You can link a menu to any category  or item you like

Nested categories is one of k2's best features so i would give it a try if i were you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.