Keyword

Multi-Criteria Search Capability

• Christopher James Mueller
  • Christopher James Mueller's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #95425 by Christopher James Mueller
Multi-Criteria Search Capability was created by Christopher James Mueller
Is there anything in existence that allows me to create a multi-selectable search for K2 items? To pose my question better, let me use the following hypothetical scenario:We are creating a resource library, wondering if K2 is capable of a multi-criteria search. Let's say we have resources listed in categories such as white papers, demos and podcasts. We have also created categories like 'Finance' and 'IT' and assigned multiple categories to each appropriate resource.Now let's say our clients come into the Resource Library looking for Finance white papers. Currently, there are a couple ways to get to the resources they are looking for... either by clicking on the 'White Papers' category, where they would have to go through an entire collection of white papers to try and find the Finance specific ones; or by clicking on the 'Finance' category, where they would have to go through an entire collection of different types of resources to try and find the white papers.What I am wanting to do, is create a search of the K2 items that allows selection of multiple search criteria. Essentially, they would be able to select 'Finance' and select 'white papers' as well and be able to get a list of EXACTLY what they are looking for without having to 'weed out' additional unwanted resources.We want to avoid having the sub-category list of repeated items on the Resource Library frontpage, such as a main category like 'White Papers' and then a bunch of subcategories, and again another main category like 'Demos' and the same bunch of subcategories repeated again, etc. We also would like to see if there can be MORE than 2 levels in the search criteria... not only could a user select 'Finance' and 'white papers', but also '2011', etc.We have in excess of 600 resources right now and are looking to increase that in the future; making this type of multi-criteria search even more critical.Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.