Keyword

[SOLVED] Nested categories, only enable item link to show in previous category?

• Cillista Slider
  • Cillista Slider's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #95480 by Cillista Slider
Hello all,

I've just started setting up K2 for a specific section of my site under 'students' accesible to registered users. The top category is 'steps' with 3 nested categories one each nested in the previous etc. resulting in one final item. So its like this dancer level -> dance style -> dance step -> instructions for a dance step (item). The problem is I think when I enable the item title to show in the previous category i.e. 'dance step' its showing in ALL previous category listings because i'm getting a link to the item on the previous category listing and in the one before that but not on the very first page. I only want my item title showing on the category listing prior to the item page, is this possible? I really hope so otherwise I've just wasted my time on this...

To see what I mean please view it at teessideirishdancing.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=category&id=2:beginner&Itemid=82

please use the login to test it as:

uname:adminjoom

pword:adminjoom

steps K2 -> Beginner -> Light Jig -> Light Jig Leadaround -> item

Thanks guys!

Cillista S.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Cillista Slider
  • Cillista Slider's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #95481 by Cillista Slider
If anyone's interested in the future for an answer to this you just need to set the category item layout leading, primary & secondary counts to '0' on all previous category listings except the one your item is linking to.

Cheers,

Cillista S.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.