Keyword

Complete newbie to K2: I want to add starred ratings with comments

• Jane Allison
  • Jane Allison's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #95531 by Jane Allison
My client is a golf teacher.  She wants to give her students the ability to rate her instruction with a number of stars (say 1 to 5) and also give them the ability to write a comment with their rating.  I'm told I can do this in K2. 

Really what she wants is very similar to the ratings system in the Joomla Extensions pages.  Can someone get me started on doing this?  I assume I'd make an article that says "Rate my Instruction" and then people can rate and add comments.  How do I get the stars?  And allow comments?  Probably I'd want to allow only registered users to do this as well.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jane Allison
More
13 years 5 months ago #95532 by Jane Allison
Anyone have any ideas?

• Jane Allison
More
13 years 5 months ago #95533 by Jane Allison
Is there a moderator on this group?  I'd really like to know if K2 can do what I'm asking.  Can someone please answer?

More
13 years 5 months ago #95534 by william white
The k2 rating system is designed for rating k2 items. By default everyone can click on the rating stars. You can create a k2 override for a category and add custom php code around the rating block and allow only registered users to rate items.

The K2 commenting system allows users to make comments on items. This could be used to "Review" the teachers