Keyword

Frontend Editing Error

• rigardo davini
  • rigardo davini's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #95582 by rigardo davini
Frontend Editing Error was created by rigardo davini
Hi,

I have some problems with my frontend editor.

In the configuration I enabled frontend editing and choose HIDE for every parameter exept image tab.

user group settings : publish items, edit own item, edit any item: NO post comments, frontend editing, add items: YES

My first problem:

If registered users want to add a new item and fill out everything correctly, they will get an error 403 in the lightbox  by clicking the save-button. It doesn't matter whether they choose publish YES or NO.

In the backend the new item is shown and I can publish it.

I think it's because the registered users are carried to the edit form after clicking the save-button.So the users must have not only the right to add an item but also to edit their items. But I don't want the users to have the right of editing their item afterwards.

How can I solve this?

Second problem:

I know, it's already been asked by other persons, but since there's still no answer to it, I try it too :) I don't allow my registered users to publish their items, so I want to set publish NO at default and hide the choice altogether. Is there a way to do that? I created an override front end editing form, like explained here (thank you, William):

williamwhitejr.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=38:override-front-end-editing-form&Itemid=2 

and changed some things (hide the featured button,..), but now I'm stuck. Does anybody know how to solve this publish problem?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rigardo davini
More
13 years 5 months ago #95583 by rigardo davini
Replied by rigardo davini on topic Frontend Editing Error
Does anybody have the same problems or know how to get this done?

• rigardo davini
More
13 years 5 months ago #95584 by rigardo davini
Anyone? Is there any solution for my problems? This would be a great help for me!

More
13 years 5 months ago #95585 by Stefan H
Replied by Stefan H on topic Frontend Editing Error
I am having this issue as well.

If I allow users to edit their own items then t works. I really don't want that though. I have searched and searched with no solutions yet. Is this a bug or is it something we're doing wrong?

• rigardo davini
More
13 years 5 months ago #95586 by rigardo davini
hey, I'm not alone with my first problem :)I'm a noob in php, so I don't know, where and how  I have to change the code in the form.php to carry my users not to the edit-form after saving their items. I don't even know for sure, if it's the right file I'm trying to change.

• rigardo davini
More
13 years 5 months ago #95587 by rigardo davini
ok, I think I got my first problem solved.I was looking in the wrong file. 

I changed the linkindex.php?option=com_k2&view=item&task=edit&cid=toindex.php?option=com_k2&view=itemsaround line 645 in the /administrator/components/com_k2/models/item.php.So after clicking SAVE my users are carried to a blank page (only the text "Item saved,..." appears).

Maybe there's a better solution, but it works and I'm happy.

Now I hope sombody can still help me with my publish issue!