Keyword

No Categories show up

• Nick Koutakis
  • Nick Koutakis's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #95611 by Nick Koutakis
No Categories show up was created by Nick Koutakis
Hi all,

I am experiencing some difficulties with K2 - regarding the categories.

I moved my site from my host to my local server and now when I navigate to my Categories
menu I can see that they should be there (as the paging shows 1 of 2) however the table
listing the categories shows no rows! If I go to my Items menu I can see the
Categories for each item in the Categories column and I can click on them to
edit each one however I can't see them in the Categories table - super wierd!

Also I cannot edit any of my Items b.c when I open one up to edit it the Categories
drop-down shows -Select Category- and there is no Category to select so I cannot edit the item.

From what I have read, believe this has to do with a specific version of PHP I am using however reading
fotisevangelou's post on forum.joomla.org (introducing K2) he mentions that it is "coded with strict OO php thus it will require a version of php above 5.2.3"
however I am using 5.3.2 and seeing this problem.

Currently I have K2 v2.4.1 running within Joomla 1.5.12 on an ubuntu machine that's running
Apache 2.2.14 & PHP 5.3.2 I read up on the PHP mbsting setting but from what I can see
I have it already enabled. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #95612 by william white
Replied by william white on topic No Categories show up
How did you move the site?

Check with phpmyadmin to see if the table jos_k2_categories is populated.

If it is, try reinstalling k2 on the localhost

• Nick Koutakis
  • Nick Koutakis's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #95613 by Nick Koutakis
Replied by Nick Koutakis on topic No Categories show up
Hi William

I moved it by zipping up the entire joomla folder, creating a DB dump of the database and then extracting the zip and importing the DB on my localhost.

I checked the jos_k2_categories table and it is populated.

I also see new categories that I attempted to created from the K2 admin panel in the jos_k2_categories table. Are you sure there is no PHP compatibility issue here?

I had PHP 5.2 on my host and I run ubuntu with 5.3 PHP and I am sure this is the root of the problem

I proceeded to uninstal and then reinstall K2 however now it does not show me any of my already existing Items!

Any suggestions?

More
13 years 5 months ago #95614 by william white
Replied by william white on topic No Categories show up
Impossible to say for sure, without hands on, which is not possible, but, i would suggest (maby incorrectly) that if the site is working, error reporting is highest, and you arent getting php errors, something besides the versioning of php is wrong.

Try getting the free version of akeeba backup and kickstart.php and restoring the site with that method.