Keyword

"More in same category" Item listing within an item/article page

• Dave Malhotra
  • Dave Malhotra's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #95666 by Dave Malhotra
What I am trying to achieve is that when readers finish reading a news story, he can click to read another story from a "More in the same category" box right below the article. This box should list about 10 other latest articles from the same category as the current article.

In fact in K2, there is Item Navigation which displays links to the previous article and next article. But this is limited to only 2 articles.

Does anybody a way to achieve this?

One idea is to embed/include a K2 Content module into the K2 item.php template file. But the question then is, is it possible to include a module within the template file? I tried the php include, didn't work. I even tried Jumi tags, that didn't work too. Please tell me too if it is possible to include a joomla module within a template file.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #95667 by william white
Give modulesanywhere from nonumber a try. Just insert it into the item text and see if thats gets the job done.

• Dave Malhotra
  • Dave Malhotra's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #95668 by Dave Malhotra
Hi William,

Thanks! Reading about it now and it seems to be what I'm looking for for sometime now. Just wondering if the tag can be placed in the K2 template item.php file. Will try that out.

Thanks again. I think the K2 community is awesome!

More
13 years 4 months ago #95669 by elvencedor
you can add tag into template item.php to insert module

see how to here elv.bz/blog/1-joomla-tricks/147-dobavljaem-modul-v-k2.html