Keyword

"Latest Item" Intro Text removes HTML? Need it NOT to.

• James Zuch
  • James Zuch's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #95792 by James Zuch
First and foremost, thank you for this plug in. It is a fantastic content manager!

It has it's drawbacks, and for the most part it is revolves around how "introtext" is used for Category listing views. I am currently building a site for a company that want specific things. So I am going to try and break it down and explain what I need.

PROBLEM: I am trying to just show introtext in a category view. I am using the Menu driven php forms (i.e. latest_item.php).I have links in the introtext and it appears that LATEST_ITEM.PHP rips out the HTML. So it has the words, just not the link.

WHAT I NEED:  I need for the introtext in LATEST_ITEM.PHP to allow HTML or at very least be able to produce the <A HREF I have in the intro text. Instead I just get the text (title/name) of the link with no anchor.

Here is the example of the page:

waynorth.net/~otisconn/training-resources.html

Thank you in advance, I appreciate your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• James Zuch
More
13 years 5 months ago #95793 by James Zuch
I have been waiting patiently for an answer.

I do not mean to be pushy, but I need to find a solution to get this project moving.

Thanks!

• James Zuch
More
13 years 5 months ago #95794 by James Zuch
Just bumping this up above the new ones. I have been waiting for about 5 days now. Should I be going to another forum> another place? use a different plug-in? Anyone?

More
13 years 5 months ago #95795 by BBC
You have strange URL´´ s in your source code: href="/~otisconn/plugins/system/jat3/base-themes/default/css/layout.css

I don´t know if it is working as it should. Check your SEF and .htaccess.

Can you explain some different way why you use just LATEST_ITEM.PHP ?

• James Zuch
More
13 years 5 months ago #95796 by James Zuch
Thank you for your response!

Our customer wants the reverse blue title bars to separate the categories in some of the category listings. It is not available on the standard category listings... or CATEGORY_ITEM.PHP.  Of course if we can get the Category to kick out a  reverse bluw header bar that will be just as good.

Example. We have a top category with 4 sub categories. Our customer wants those 4 sub categories to feed stories and items into the top category but have each category "title" as a reverse blue bar. They do not want the title of the item inside the sub categories, just the intro text which will be a link to a PDF(s).

I actually want it to look very similar to this: waynorth.net/~otisconn/safety/training-resources.html (this one is a mock-up. This is actually an K2 item)

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I added an image to help as well. Thank you.

They are a big corporation that requires uniformity, otherwise I would of made alternative plans.
Attachments:

More
13 years 5 months ago #95797 by BBC
You can have HTML in Intro.

Check your Global K2 Settnigs for Introtext HTML cleanup (tag strip).
If it is set to "Yes" then there you have a problem.

More
13 years 5 months ago #95798 by BBC
But you are complicating things. If i understood you right.
In Category settings enable Attachments in category view. And simply use Attachment field in K2 Item.
(you can have as many attachments fields as you want. As many PDF downloads as you want)

This way everything is automated, you don´t need to fight with editor.

• James Zuch
More
13 years 5 months ago #95799 by James Zuch
Thank you for responding. 

The HTML clean up tag does not change anything with the LATEST_ITEM.PHP. It is only for the CATEGORY_ITEM.PHP.  Why I have no idea. We have a development site with K2 on it and it does the same thing on that one as well. Not sure why these two things are so different but it has been a bit of a nightmare dealing with this.

The Attachment field does not list the items correctly. They randomly list the items in a row and thus the reason we no longer use the attachments. Again, I have no idea why it does this, as great as K2 is with content management it really has it's short comings with some of the features. Plus I believe that the LATEST-ITEM does not allow us to list the attachments.

I do appreciate the help, but I am going to have customize the CATEGORY_ITEM.PHP template to produce the reverse bars because I have given up completely the LATEST_ITEM. It seems to be this red headed step child that is MUCH more limited and... well frustrating.

Thanks again!

More
13 years 5 months ago #95800 by BBC
Can you have linked text in native Joomla Articles ? (Intro)