Keyword

Why squeezebox for adding item ?

• juju
  • juju's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 5 months ago #95832 by juju
Why squeezebox for adding item ? was created by juju
Hi everyone, I'm trying since few weeks to modify the adding system of K2 to make it more easy to use.

I just want to ask one simple question to the developpers of K2 : Why did you use squeezebox for adding article instead of use a simple form embed in Joomla ?

On this forum, when we create a new topic, it's an easy simple form, it's nice to use, it's clean.

Whereas in K2, it's a dirty pop-up that don't even resize according to the size of the user screen. The save button don't close the window, no preview button, no animation when the article take a while to save...

How such defaults may continue to be not fixed (not even noticed) by the developpers ?

Thanks to Simon (K2 help website), we can fix the size of the adding squeezebox automatically. With Hanny and others users we try to fix all this issues ourself in the end of this topic : community.getk2.org/forum/topics/k2-add-new-item-window-resize?commentId=3536014%3AComment%3A223484

But I really think this idea of squeezebox is not a good idea, it has to be a simple form embed in the Joomla website. Like on this forum, and like the adding function for classic Joomla article.

But, we are not K2 developpers, and even if we do our best, I'm sure that the real developpers of K2 could add these function we've proposed in few hours, or minutes... because they know exactly how K2 worked, they designed it, and it's more easy in this case...

That's what's annoying, I know this developpers can't answer to all people who have a problem or a suggestion, but add an item, that's one of the most important feature no ?

We've practically solved the problem ourself, so if developpers could improve our work and make it cleaner. These issues are highly requested features, for few years, and they are totally ignored by the creators of K2...

To make things clear, I've a deep respect for all K2 developpers, and I thank them for share their work for free. But just a little consideration and help from them would be welcome :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #95833 by BBC
Replied by BBC on topic Why squeezebox for adding item ?
Agree to some level. Most problematic is if you make your own menu module with own links, then popup doesn´t work. Opens in new window.

Why would i make new menu module with K2 links when one already exist ?

Mostly because K2 module never suit among other menu modules, styling, javascript menus osv.

It is so different in style and take hell a lot of time to adjust everything, so K2 module looks like other menu module.

More
13 years 5 months ago #95834 by rexkramer
Replied by rexkramer on topic Why squeezebox for adding item ?
I totally agree with you in the missing features and strange usability. I follow all other discussions with almost the same topics. Very exciting and promising! Keep all the restless work up!

My first experience with K2 was similar: Why this modal stuff... I get used to it. But its far from perfect.

Close to perfect is this (IMHO):

NoNumber.nl 's AdvancedModuleManager

That seems very close to the optimal behavior. You should have a look at the code, or even better: Contact Peter van Westen. I guess, he could be a great help!!! !!! I call him Mr. Modal ;-)

Checkout AMM, install it and try it for yourself...

• juju
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 5 months ago #95835 by juju
Replied by juju on topic Why squeezebox for adding item ?
In fact, I already use AMM :) I'm not sure to understand, you think I should contact Peter because he use modal box in his component ?You already contact him for a modal box problem ? It's for thaï you called him M.Modal :) ?
In fact, almost all problem I have with K2 are fixed now, with features we talk in this topic :) But I still continue to hate the squeeze box for adding article and if I could replace it by a simple form to add article, embed in my website, it would be great, like here :
community.getk2.org/forum/topic/newRex Kramer said:I totally agree with you in the missing features and strange usability. I follow all other discussions with almost the same topics. Very exciting and promising! Keep all the restless work up!

My first experience with K2 was similar: Why this modal stuff... I get used to it. But its far from perfect.

Close to perfect is this (IMHO):

NoNumber.nl 's AdvancedModuleManager

That seems very close to the optimal behavior. You should have a look at the code, or even better: Contact Peter van Westen. I guess, he could be a great help!!! !!! I call him Mr. Modal ;-)

Checkout AMM, install it and try it for yourself...

More
13 years 5 months ago #95836 by rexkramer
Replied by rexkramer on topic Why squeezebox for adding item ?
I mean, he would be my first adresse I would ask!

His AMM modal-window is perfect IMHO. If K2 would have this workflow and the auto-size modal window... i would be really satisfied.

Peters Products are really cool, because they fill some special gaps in Joomla. I bet, he works with K2 as well. I would ask him to take a look at the K2 submission form...

• juju
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 5 months ago #95837 by juju
Replied by juju on topic Why squeezebox for adding item ?
ok ;) I'll send a message to him.

You said : [...] and the auto-size modal window... i would be really satisfied.

I don't understand, for autosize I've already fix it with that : simon.getk2.org/tips-and-tricks/item/277-front-side-editor-i...

Edit : In fact, I don't really have the time tonight, could you send a mail to Peter and explain the problem to him ? (transform the squeezebox in a simple form embed in the website, like on this forum).

Thanks ;)