Keyword

K2 doesn't work under reverse proxy

• Luis Alberto Climent
  • Luis Alberto Climent's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #96017 by Luis Alberto Climent
K2 doesn't work under reverse proxy was created by Luis Alberto Climent
Hello everyone! I'm having problems with the plugin K2 on a site that, after several tests on Linux and Windows, had been working perfectly. In essence, the final configuration is within an intranet that is accessed from the outside through a reverse proxy.When the migration from test server to the intranet was made, K2 has stopped working.

Please see listed below some of the mistakes that I'm finding:

• From the admin panel, when you try to save a newly created category you'll get a blank page with only'm html code: (<div Id="k2AdminContainer" class="K2AdminViewCategory">) • In front-end can not see their content created with K2 If you can give me some advice I will be eternally grateful! Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #96018 by william white
Replied by william white on topic K2 doesn't work under reverse proxy
Not very sure about this setup...First Turn error reporting to max and try to find an error in the backend and what it is

• Luis Alberto Climent
More
13 years 5 months ago #96019 by Luis Alberto Climent
Replied by Luis Alberto Climent on topic K2 doesn't work under reverse proxy
Hi William,thanks for response :D

You mean install k2 under a reverse proxy is a wrong way?The error affects only K2. The admin panel is working properly because the categories and items created with native com_content work properly.The present site was migrated from an external test server to another within the intranet that relies on a reverse proxy for external access.Maybe I should start again from scratch, create a new instance of Joomla (always under reverse proxy), and then install K2, thus avoiding problems of migration?

More
13 years 5 months ago #96020 by william white
What i meant is that i am not familiar with reverse proxy and your setup, but if your getting a blank screen investigate it by

joomla - global settings - server tab- error reporting to highest...then go back to the offending page and see if you get more information on what is causing the error that may help find the problem

• Luis Alberto Climent
More
13 years 5 months ago #96021 by Luis Alberto Climent
Thanks for the tip!
I enabled the debug system and then create a category in K2 turns out this error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding () in D: \ inetpub \ wwwroot \ joomla \ administrator \ components \ com_k2 \ tables \ k2category.php on line 49
I will continue to investigate ...William White said:What i meant is that i am not familiar with reverse proxy and your setup, but if your getting a blank screen investigate it by

joomla - global settings - server tab- error reporting to highest...then go back to the offending page and see if you get more information on what is causing the error that may help find the problem

• Luis Alberto Climent
More
13 years 5 months ago #96022 by Luis Alberto Climent
I checked the file k2category.php line 49, and there is this string:
mb_internal_encoding ("UTF-8");
If the error is:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding () in D: \ inetpub \ wwwroot \ joomla \ administrator \ components \ com_k2 \ tables \ k2category.php on line 49
I think it has something to do with the reverse proxy?Luis Alberto Climent Ruiz said:Thanks for the tip!I enabled the debug system and then create a category in K2 turns out this error:Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding () in D: \ inetpub \ wwwroot \ joomla \ administrator \ components \ com_k2 \ tables \ k2category.php on line 49I will continue to investigate ...William White said:What i meant is that i am not familiar with reverse proxy and your setup, but if your getting a blank screen investigate it by

More
13 years 5 months ago #96023 by william white
K2 requires multibite string encoding to be enabled on your server machine