Keyword

Submit an article

• Frank Gillespie
  • Frank Gillespie's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #96081 by Frank Gillespie
Submit an article was created by Frank Gillespie
I am designing an e-library using joomla 1.5. To date I have set the content up into chapters (sections) there are about 10 chapters covering varying topics. Each chapter will have articles, video or powerpoint associated with them. Users will be able to submit an article or video etc.. for inclusion into each chapter. Presently, under user menu users can choose to submit an article using the joomla mod. from this form they have to select which chapter (section) their article relates to. Once selected the article will be published directly to the library for those users who will have authorization to do so. For others the submitted article will be moderated. I want to change this to make it easier and less prone to error when it comes to selecting the chapter as the drop down menu under the submit article form lists all sections created on the site. This is where i hope K2 will come in. the new format/process I hope to achieve is as follows

Chapter 1: Some thing to do about pets

[brief discription on chapter contetn]

Click the following to Read a Related article, Watch a Related Video or View a Related PowerPoint

I want then to add an extra option under each chapter such as

Click the following to submit a Related Article, e Video or PowerPoint.

If the above works then it will do away with the need for publishers to secect the chapter (section) they want the article in.

Can k2 do this and if so how?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.