Keyword

Changing order of items in Category View

• Scarlett Design Ltd
  • Scarlett Design Ltd's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #96102 by Scarlett Design Ltd
Changing order of items in Category View was created by Scarlett Design Ltd
Hi please can you tell me how to change the order of items within an article in a category view or give me any tips/pointers?

The default is:

1-Date

2-Title

3-Image

4-Text

I would like to change it to:

1-Image

2-Title

3-Date

4-Text

Thank you

PS I posted this in 'New to K2' a few weeks ago but no one replied. After registering with K2 Community I got a load of spam emails from women saying they had seen my profile on K2 Community and 'would love with me'. Great. I hope someone replies to this post who knows something about K2 rather than someone who wants to share pictures of themselves so that 'I will have the desire with them'...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #96103 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Changing order of items in Category View
Hi,start out by checking this post out

Depending on what you want to change you will be working in either item.php for the item view or category_item.php for the category listing.

if you search for item->image, title, date, and fulltext you should find blocks of code in the above files with an if statement surrounding the blocks.

You can move these blocks of code around in the override to change the order of things that appear in the rendered page

• Scarlett Design Ltd
  • Scarlett Design Ltd's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #96104 by Scarlett Design Ltd
Replied by Scarlett Design Ltd on topic Changing order of items in Category View
Hi William

Thank you sooooooo much - it all works perfectly now!

I am also trying to make the leading article appear in full while the others use the Introtext Word Limit.

Have you any idea if and how this could be accomplished please?

Thanks again

Jane

More
13 years 5 months ago #96105 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Changing order of items in Category View
Not sure what your setup is, but you might try just using intro text in the item you want to show all the text and put intro/readmore/fulltext in the rest of the items. This would work if the first item will not change i think.

Otherwise - i would set the item i wanted to show in a different k2content module and set it to show the fulltext above your category display with template grid positions

Neither solution is a good one, also, if you display the fulltext you will have to scroll down probably to see the other items.

A link to the page your working on would be helpfull