Keyword

Blank page.

• Damien B
  • Damien B's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #96122 by Damien B
Blank page. was created by Damien B
Hi guys,

I've inherited a site and moved it from one server to another. The site works fine but some of the pages only ever show a blank page. The source code received by the browser is also non existent.

I have searched Google and elsewhere and found that similar things have been found in K2 but none have helped me. I have  disabled SEF like others have mentioned with no success. I am at a loss about what may be the cause. I don't know where to look any more.

One of the URLs I'm having trouble is somesite.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=category&id=29&Itemid=42&lang=en

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #96123 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Blank page.
The page link you have provided says that the domain is not purchased.

More
13 years 5 months ago #96124 by Lapadatu virgil
Replied by Lapadatu virgil on topic Blank page.
I have similar problems after moving from local to live server. In backend the artcles contains text, but in frontend articles contains no text. How is this possible and how do i fix my problem? Please help me!

• Damien B
More
13 years 5 months ago #96125 by Damien B
Replied by Damien B on topic Blank page.
somesite.com is just a domain I made up. I merely provided the URL to show which part of K2 was attempting to run. The site is currently not available to the public.

So no one has any suggestions?

• Damien B
More
13 years 5 months ago #96126 by Damien B
OK, I've learnt that the issue seems to be related to categories. Some categories will load the page ok but not others. There is nothing visibly configured differently between working and non working categories. Each will have a number of items which suggests it's not an issue of a category not having any items to display.

Why would K2 be unable to display a blank page for some categories?

• Damien B
More
13 years 5 months ago #96127 by Damien B
Has not been confirmed yet but I believe that the issue is caused by the GD library not being installed. I discovered that the issue could be traced down to the item level and then discovered that the gallery option was the issue. Once the gallery value was removed for all items for the given category, the category would then load the page.

This was quite frustrating. Even with PHP logging errors there was no indication that GD not installed was the cause. I'm not at all (well, until yesterday) familiar with K2 but I think I should write a patch to highlight this as an issue and notify the error through the browser.