Keyword

Can K2 provide this function?

• HeartFreedom
  • HeartFreedom's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #96195 by HeartFreedom
Can K2 provide this function? was created by HeartFreedom
Hi!

Please look at this URL of mobile phone's website.

www.ciao.co.uk/Mobile_Phones_5302356_2

We can see the menu on left side which has "Choose Product" As main Category. Now we have sub cats like by price, by manufacturer, by features etc.

Can K2 along with K2Mart provide such options of product filters (by brand, by price, by specs etc.)? and does K2 provide product comparison option?

I've asked this question in K2Mart forum but as usual he referred me here in K2.

I have not found answers of my previous questions and problems which I posted in this forum (Price in multi currency) but I hope I'll get answers of this problem.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #96196 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Can K2 provide this function?
The sidebar in the link you provide looks like one module that sorts things out very well. You might could do something similar with mod_k2_content, but it would probably need to be customized because of the sorting

With K2 mart allowing you to format your item and category display without having to struggle with virtumart formatting, then anything you can do with k2 you should be able to accomplish with k2mart.

I would suggest taking a look at Sherpa from Jiliko.net which adds a new dimention to extra fields that i think can sort for you.

Either way i think what your wanting to accomplish will require very custom changes to the modules

• HeartFreedom
  • HeartFreedom's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #96197 by HeartFreedom
Replied by HeartFreedom on topic Can K2 provide this function?
Thank you for your reply.

After a lot of research I found I can do Filters by using "Product Type" behavior in virtuemart. So could you plz tell me what is equivalent of Virtuemart's Product Type in K2 so I can use that function. Is it extra Field or something else or I have to look at Sherpa?

And is it possible that I only use the K2's Item page of some product but use Virtuemart's category item page at the same time? because K2 flypage/item page is very good but Virtuemart's Category page is my requirement.