Keyword

duplicate titles and url's

• Josh
  • Josh's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #96212 by Josh
duplicate titles and url's was created by Josh
 Hi all

I am having some problems with troublesome urls found through Google webmaster tools html suggestions. It is reporting that I have alot of duplicate urls and titles but I cant seem to find a solid answer to the exact problems i have anywhere so any advise / input would be much appreciated.

My site is www.winelands.co.za/

As reference I have attached two screenshots of the different kinds of urls with errors detected.

1) The first one shows a list of urls which go to the homepage but which have a long string of numbers behind them. I visit these links to check and it shows the homepage but incorrectly. For the life of my I can figure out what these number are. Does anybody have an idea? Are they session ids? Where are they coming from? Am I able to correct these urls by setting the url parameter handling in GWT to "ignore" for everything after the ? but before the =

Please let me know if I explain badly. I have researched solutions such as parameter handling, htaccess, getting rid of pagination etc but cant seem to figure out where to start

2) The second image show the other kind if urls errors I get. Nowhere are there links to many of these items and I can figure out why the /component/k2/item is being displayed. Some of the other strange urls are ones which begin with /results/item/XXXXX.html. I can understand the home/item urls as they are from the homepage but how can I prevent these nonexistent urls from being indexed and only actual visible links on my site to be indexed. I read that inside robots.txt I could try something like Disallow: /component/ but would that prevent my content in the actual categories from being indexed?

I know that these are some big issues and requires alot of work and my apologies for posting this here. I have tried to find the solutions myself and but im really struggling with where to start as I am not too experienced with this yet. Im afraid to make a change without knowing the impact it will have so any advise or input would be highly appreciated.

thanks

Josh

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.