Keyword

Duplicate items and articles

More
13 years 5 months ago #96255 by Rich
Duplicate items and articles was created by Rich
Hi

I was wondering if someone could assist me in figuring out why I'm getting duplicate entries on my front page? I have a few K2 components installed like K2 Wall etc.. but it seems that whenever we change something in one... it changes the content or image in all of them. 

How can we unlink the connection between these components so they display different information if we want 2 or 3 of them active on a page?

thx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #96256 by Rich
Replied by Rich on topic Duplicate items and articles
Really could use some help with this. I realize this might be a basic situation, but being new to K2... and Joomla... I'm pretty well inundated with confusion. We want to be able to place a few K2 components on the front page... but need to keep the information separate in each module.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #96257 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Duplicate items and articles
You can tamper with the module parameters a little and maybe have the one bringing only the featured items and the other the latest written, or the most popular or the most commented if you have comments enabled.

It's just a thought.

More
13 years 5 months ago #96258 by Rich
Replied by Rich on topic Duplicate items and articles
Thx for your reply. We'll check the parameters and see if anything can be adjusted. Just getting a little frustrated as to why a programmer can't answer a simple question about the component they created. Seems a bit unprofessional when people are asking questions that go unanswered for what appears to be weeks on some. 

I simply can't imagine how someone can create a component like this and then link everything together without the ability to unlink them. To be honest here... I can't understand why it would be defaulted this way to start with. Seems this is something that should be reversed. Link nothing together... and let the customer decide what needs to be duplicated depending on where they position the component.

Like i stated in the other thread.... if someone who created this cannot answer this question in a reasonable time... then we'll shelve this component and quite honestly won't have anything good to say about it to whomever we speak. 
Yiota Ziaggou said:

You can tamper with the module parameters a little and maybe have the one bringing only the featured items and the other the latest written, or the most popular or the most commented if you have comments enabled.

It's just a thought.

More
11 years 1 month ago #96259 by foothillweb
Replied by foothillweb on topic Re: Duplicate items and articles
I'm experiencing a similar problem of duplicate articles being created by K2. I'm not sure if this is user error by my blogger or not. But last time it happened I did find the problem.

When you have front-end editing enabled, you have to make sure the "Edit Own Articles" permission is set in the K2 >> User Groups >> Edit User Permission dialog. Otherwise the system creates a copy of the article.

I also think that when I updated K2 last time, that permission setting got changed by the upgrade. I hope I'm wrong, because resetting permissions is a hassle. It's happened with some components, not just K2. And I be wrong about that.