Keyword

Problem with titles in uppercase

• Nabil EL KADIRI
  • Nabil EL KADIRI's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #96273 by Nabil EL KADIRI
Problem with titles in uppercase was created by Nabil EL KADIRI
Hi,

I have a problem with the K2 item titles, I use French Language and when it is about using chars like "é" "è" they are not shown in uppercase, exampe:

Promotions et Offres Spéciales
it is shown as follow in this url: dallascoiffure.isgreat.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=46:tarifs-et-prestations-coiffeur-salon-coiffure-uccle-bruxelles&lang=fr

Any idea how to get ride of that?

Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #96274 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic Problem with titles in uppercase
Hi.

I don't think this is related to K2 but more to the font set used to render these titles that might not have uppercase version of accented characters.  I've tried changing the font via firebug and everything looks good. You'll need to replace the referenced font (BebasNeue) with a font that has all the required character set...

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

• Nabil EL KADIRI
  • Nabil EL KADIRI's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #96275 by Nabil EL KADIRI
Replied by Nabil EL KADIRI on topic Problem with titles in uppercase
Can you give me a hint on how to do that with Firebug? I mean is it an extension I need to install or?

More
13 years 5 months ago #96276 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic Problem with titles in uppercase
Hi.

Firebug is just for analysing & troubleshooting.  It's a Firefox extension and should be installed by anyone serious about web site creation.

What you need to do is change the font that this header is using in your css file (it's used in multiple headers).  Unfortunately, that will change the look of your site dramatically so you might want to ask the template developers (Gavick) for help, they are pretty good in their forum.  They might have a version of the font that support accents.

Good luck.

@olivierk

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com