Keyword

Simple pagination setting

• oliver87
  • oliver87's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #96288 by oliver87
Simple pagination setting was created by oliver87
I create three categories. Root and two subcategories. On frontpage I'm displaying root category (posts form sub categories dysplaying too).

So I would to set pagination because now on my frontpage are three posts (in fact I've about 15 posts). Next posts are on next pages. I wolud to set about 18 post per page. I can't find setting to do that.

Any tips? :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #96289 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Simple pagination setting
You will have to put to the category parameters that you want 18 items per page. Where it says Leading, Primary, etc, the first number ;)

• oliver87
More
13 years 5 months ago #96290 by oliver87
Replied by oliver87 on topic Simple pagination setting
OMG, be shame oliver87, be shame! ;) That's obvious!

Thank You for response :)

• oliver87
More
13 years 5 months ago #96291 by oliver87
Structure of my categories looks like that:

Articles (empty root category)
Toys (small thumbnail)
Toys (large thumbnail)

I create categories in this way because I would to build a blog. I want to also have a choice between small and large thumbnails in post so i do two simillars categories but with fifferent sizes of thumbnails.

I do not use Image Gallery Pro [no cash :( ]

So now I want to have main page with about 18 articles (the same on next pages)

But I find big problem with pagination.

If I set only one root category as default on start I cant set number for leading, primary, secondary, etc... items. So I go tho sub-categories and put there 5 for leading. But if there are more then 5 articles in this sub-categories I will not see them in normalview but in simple link view like here (under "MORE" typed with bold is link to different articles in one of sub-categories)

Ok - I can set 1000 for leading, primary, etc.. in sub-categories. But if I do that i will have per 1000 items on mainpage from each sub-category. So pagination shows after 2000 articles.

On my blog i will have lot of articles and subscribers shuold find archive posts on 30th, 50th page...

But scrolling page down for 2000 posts is insane ;)

Maybe I created wrong architecture of these categories but in my opinion K2 is really hard to create simple blog like gizmodo.com or popsci.com

I'am looking for really simple solution but K2 is to make difficult this. I am apologise if I nervous someboty this opinion but it's so complicated to do right now so simple blog with K2 :)

• oliver87
More
13 years 5 months ago #96292 by oliver87
BTW - problem solved! Is all about numbers for leading, primary etc in category config. For lead i put 5 in 1 column. Rest of all has 0, 0 and works fine!