Keyword

Enhanced User Profile + JA Comment K2 Integration + Points or Karma

• Jake Whitehead
  • Jake Whitehead's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 4 months ago #96413 by Jake Whitehead
My site is: www.progressivetalks.com

I'm currently using the JA Teline IV template..

I'm looking for a solution to improving the K2 User profile.. 

My website is basically a blog/forum, and I am using K2 from which my users can publish items on the front end. I am using JA Comment for my users to comment on the articles

I am wanting to include a more comprehensive user profile that has the following features:

- Looks attractive- Synchronise Joomla, K2 and the extension users (including Avatars)

- Synchronise with JA Comment Avatar (built into JA Comment is Jomsocial, CB, Fireboard, Gravatar)

- Customised Fields

- Lists comments made using JA Comment

- List K2 articles submitted by the user

- Points/Karma System to encourage users to read/write/add details, etc.

- Access to other users profiles to see what they have published, commented, etc...

- Ability to send messages.. (optional)

I have tried Community Builder, but it looked terrible, and I couldn't figure out how to get it to cooperate with K2.

I signed up for a trial of JomSocial and would be happy to purchase it, but it seems like you have to purchase additional extensions on top of the core component to get all of the demo functions (live chat, etc) and I'm not sure if it will do what I want... Also not sure how difficult it is to integrate with K2.

I don't want to replicate myspace or facebook, as that's not the main purpose of my site... The main idea behind my site is to encourage people to read and post new articles.. I just want the ability for people to see what other users are doing (activity feeds), get access to their details in an attractive form (user profile) and encourage them to contribute by awarding points/Karma...

I don't need photo galleries, or video galleries or anything like that..

Does anyone have any solutions/proposals as to how I can do this? Whether it be a single solution or a series of extensions...

I'm not wanting to spend more than $100 to solve this issue if possible.. As I said, it's not the main purpose of my site, but more of something to encourage people to do more and interact with each other...

Also, is there a better commenting system than JA Comment? I have paid for this, but I'm not 100% sure that it's the best solution... The threads look a bit strange the more replies you get (they get really narrow) - see here - www.progressivetalks.com/religion/item/1587-religious-education-in-schools.html

Thanks for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jake Whitehead
  • Jake Whitehead's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 4 months ago #96414 by Jake Whitehead
What does K2 Community use for its profile?? 

This is exactly what I want, when you click on 'my page' - this basic layout and functionality...

More
13 years 4 months ago #96415 by Ankur Mittal
They are using Ning..
I think you can go for jomsocial..
You can Disable narrow comment by diabling threaded comment in Ja comments setting..its the best amongst paid one..Another best alternative which is Free is Jcomment..
Through Jomsocial you can list user profile..no integration with k2 profile though..
If u use jcomment then u can display user comments in his profile.. plus user post and jomsocial has its own points system..or u can use Alpha user point..