Keyword

Nested extra field group for multiple quantity group

• Eric Sulendra
  • Eric Sulendra's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 4 months ago #96427 by Eric Sulendra
Hi,

I will jump straight to my problem. :)

I am trying to use K2 to display product listings. It is a great component so far but I couldn't find any way to display multiple quantities using K2. I would like to store product quantity by city and by color. I assume I would have to use nested extra field group where a user would select each product color and input quantity on each city. 

Here is what I mean:

Item:

Bicycle

- color : blue

- Melbourne: 30

- Sydney: 25

- Adelaide: 50

- color: red/black

- Melbourne: 30

- Sydney: 25

- Adelaide: 10

I would like to create extra fields where the color can be added through K2 administration while creating a new item and the cities will be listed with an empty field to input quantity for each city.

I wonder if K2 will be able to do this? If not, is there any alternatives that I can use for that? Maybe an extension or overriding some functions in K2?

My current idea is to try to insert a separate form that save to a custom table that I have created for the quantities with reference to item key but I am not sure if that is a good solution.

Thanks in advance

Eric 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #96428 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Nested extra field group for multiple quantity group
Since the three extra fields seem to repete, try using

Bicycle ad the master K2 Category - Add Subcategories blue and red/black, and allow everything to inherit from Bicycle, assign the extra fields group to it

An extension to extra fields likeSherpa may also be usefull

• Eric Sulendra
  • Eric Sulendra's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 4 months ago #96429 by Eric Sulendra
Replied by Eric Sulendra on topic Nested extra field group for multiple quantity group
Hi William, thx for the fast reply.

I am sorry my example is not complete enough.

Only the cities are the same for all items and it can be more cities if need be, but colours are really specific for each item.

The item would more likely be a bicycle model say a Shimano SH232 bike for example

with available colors which are only specific to that model say blue/black, red/silver/black

The list would have other models that would have a different kind of color.  It really depends on what are the options for each product. 

The user have to be able to add new colors to a particular model when updating or creating a new model and the user can input quantity for each city for that particular color as well. 

I have looked at K2 BNR content a little bit. If I can create my own table with say item_id, colour, city and somehow combine it with the current K2 item administration I think that would be enough for my job. I do hope for a far simpler solution than that though.

Meanwhile, I'll check Sherpa out. Thanks

Regards,

Eric