Keyword

K2 Mart, K2 and VirtueMart Shopping Cart behavior - trying to go live by still kicking and screaming...

• Gary Grant
  • Gary Grant's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 4 months ago #96536 by Gary Grant
 I am off to sleep after 8 hours of searching every forum I can think of and I crashed googles servers twice in trying to find a solution to this issue.  Please bear with me - I will be as detailed as possible in hopes someone much smarter than me can help.  I have tried several PHP, CSS and HTML variations of suggestions I have found while searching - some of them came close, some of them just darn broke things.

My config:

Joomla 1.5K2 v.2.4.1K2Mart 1.3Apache 2.2.17PHP 5.3.5MySQL 5.5.8Template JSN Epic Pro 4.1.3Intelligence level - dangerous

I think every is as up-to-date as it can be (god help me when I do upgrade something)

Trying hard to go live so I am still on localhost win 7 x64)

My site setup is such that my main menu contains all my links to my K2 categories and items are accessible through the main menu.  I am using virtuemart to directly add mfgs and products and attaching them to the K2 items through K2 mart.  I have chosen every possible option for K2Mart "Catalog root category) going so far as to put all my K2 categories (and subsequent items) under one "master" category and pointing to it.  Thanks for reading so far...

Here's issue a:  I can happily "add to cart" and the product levels and cart qty, price, etc is all well.  But when I go to view the cart(index.php?option=com_virtuemart) THE FIRST TIME there is only a " >> Checkout" button (no "continue Shopping button). When I empty the cart I am faced with a " << Continue Shopping" button that takes me to a link that has product on it (though I am not thrilled with being able to go back to my home page, I get this because for the localhost work, I have only entered one product).  BUT GET THIS...without changing anything else, I go back to my cart (via the same menu item) and the same " << Continue Shopping" button link is now pointing at itself (http://localhost/joomla15Dev/my-cart.html) so of course I can click it all day and it only stays where it is.

I am truly sorry for being so long winded, but I am hoping to not have to go back-n-forth with Q&A from folks who know a lot more about this than me (though I have surprised myself with how far I have come in such short order (shameless pat on back)).

Has anyone seen this behavior before and more importantly do you know how to fix it.  In a perfect world, for me anyway, the continue shopping button would a: be on the cart page the first time I look at the cart (whether or not I added prodcuts) and more importantly would go back to the page from it whence it came but at a minimum, not go into a circular reference that has up to this point forced me to add my main menu to this screen so my customers can find a way out - it is horribly unprofessional and driving me nuts.

Thoughts, opinions, ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Concerto Designs Inc.
More
13 years 4 months ago #96537 by Concerto Designs Inc.
hello:

1. "I am using virtuemart to directly add mfgs and products and attaching them to the K2 items through K2 mart." This is not recommended - once K2Mart has imported your VM data, you should add/edit products directly through K2 - otherwise you can get weird errors.

2. If you backup your site and install it on a sandbox (publicly accessible) domain, then I can take a look at the cart issues. It would also help to know what version of VM you are running - the latest version threw cart redirect errors on one of my sites. It shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Cheers,

Alan

• Gary Grant
  • Gary Grant's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 4 months ago #96538 by Gary Grant
The way i have setup my site is the K2 items lead to vendor pages (K2 items are Merchants) but it now occurs to me that the merchants need to be categories and their products need to be items.  Let me play with this and see how it works.  Ughhh...I'm glad I didnt setup the hundreds of categories yet...this is gonna suck to change all menu items - I need to re-learn the interations between K2, K2Mart and Virtuemart...but having said that...

THANK YOU very much.  I appreciate your response and making me re-think how I'm going about this.  And here I was thinking I knew it all.  ;-)