Keyword

How to organizing content by volumes, issues and topics!

• NEMESIS
  • NEMESIS's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 4 months ago #96619 by NEMESIS
Greetings K2 Community

I am new to K2, and so far I am in love with the possibilities that K2 offers but I am facing a really big need of assistance.

I have combed all over the internet for an answer to this question and have found none. I have solicited freelancers in 5 US cities for someone who knows how to accomplish this task using K2.

I have hit the end of the road with this component and unfortunately with this project unless someone can point me in the right direction.

The Scope:What I am trying to accomplish is a online newsletter where items are organized under volumes and issues. Each issue consist of 8 to 12 items.

The front page is to list 5 topics (will call them topics for now, but they could also be called tags). Each section will have 5 items under them in a single column linking to the main article. Items may belong to more than one issue.

I have managed to accomplish this using categories for each topic and the Latest Items menu!

The Problem:With the latest Items problem solved I also need to create an additional link for the most recent issue and click on it and see a breakdown of the items in that issue organized by their respective topic. I seem to only be able to pull this off by linking to a category.

This page need to have a structure like this.

Issue 1

-Topic 1-> Item 1

-Topic 2-> Item 1-> Item 3-> Item 3

-Topic 3-> Item 1-> Item 3-> Item 3

I’ve tried using category for the volumes issues and tags for the topics and then I can create a link to a single issue and control the order. But my latest items by tag menu item does not display them in any controllable order.

I used categories for topics and then I cannot link to a single issue!

Someone please share some knowledge on this. I have spent the last 2 weeks wallowing in ____ trying to make K2 work for me.

I appreciate any help you can offer

Thank you in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.