Keyword

k2 video adding only by url - like zoo

More
13 years 4 months ago #96657 by testa
Replied by testa on topic k2 video adding only by url - like zoo
to be honest I'm wondering that such a great extension (much better than zoo or others for usual text news and so on) doesn't have the "easiest way" included.

Of course I could give an explanation text to my users but I don't want ^^

zoo is working with usual url, jomsocial also... so I hope that k2 will do it one day also ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #96658 by BBC
Replied by BBC on topic k2 video adding only by url - like zoo
What is problem with Allvideo plugin ? I never tested it, if i remember right.

More
13 years 4 months ago #96659 by testa
problem with allvideo plug?

there isn't a problem - it's installed and enabled.

As I described the url problem I just wanted to tell that I already installed it, so everyone knows that the problem is not a missing plug ;-)

More
13 years 4 months ago #96660 by BBC
I mean how that plugin works ?

Users need to put curly brackets with editor ? ({})

Or they have some field for URL ?

As i see at Joomla extension site it is "curly brackets".

More
13 years 4 months ago #96661 by BBC
Actually you are looking for one perfect thing called EasyTemplate:

www.nik-it.de/

www.easy-joomla.org/

But, developer stopped to develop that extension. Perfect for custom Articles fields.

Try to find old one, it still works.

More
13 years 4 months ago #96662 by BBC
Yesterday i tested Allvideos plugin. What is that you want ?

Allvideos plugin is perfect for users frontend submissions.

More
13 years 4 months ago #96663 by testa
hey BBC,

all video plug also uses tags {} and not a pure url - but let's get one step back to embed iframe code.

in the video tab you can insert embed iframe come, then the video is shown. To have it as I would wish there are 2 things needed:

1) the video should be shown in the content (like pictures do) - right now the video is shown outside of the content, after the author - I want to have inside the article.

2) change embed iframe code to pure url. so that entering the pure url would be enough to get is displayed and no need for the iframe code.

this would be perfect. I think right now there's no possibility for my 2nd wish - but I think that there is surely a solution for my first point - at least I hope so ;-)

More
13 years 4 months ago #96664 by BBC
You are missing something very, very big time.

Last version of Allvideos plugin has option to put whole URL. But not maybe as you wish.
You cannot expect (and you will not experience it under your lifetime) that some developer code plugin and cover all websites with videos.

- You have option for video streaming (whole URL from adress bar, but only major video sites) 
- You have option for direct video links (can guaranty you that you can stream every video from Internet, if you can find hidden direct Video links)

And you cannot have it automatised (users beginners, one Video field), and let users to put Video where they want in K2 Item. It is one or another, not both.

Search forum and move that piece of code for Video to text (content). Few minutes of work.
"Pure URL" can you use thanks to fact that major players (as Youtube, Vimeo, etc) allow it.

Most websites hide video links and don´t like that you steal theirs bandwith. Why would they like it ?

If you want to allow your users movable Video over all Item, then use JCE and Media Manager.
Works similar as Allvideos plugin, except looks different.

More
13 years 4 months ago #96665 by testa
ok bbc,
I'll have a look into this - thanks.
but I want to come back to the other point:
in k2 by default there's a video tab. when I enter embed code there this is working without any plugins. looking at frontend the video is not displayed in the article like a picture is but after the author informations.
how can I get the video in a position inside the content like picture?

More
13 years 4 months ago #96666 by BBC
In item.php find this code and move it where you want:

<?php if($this->item->params->get('itemVideo') && !empty($this->item->video)): ?> <!-- Item video --> <a name="itemVideoAnchor" id="itemVideoAnchor"></a> <div class="itemVideoBlock"> <h3><?php echo JText::_('Related Video'); ?></h3> <?php if($this->item->videoType=='embedded'): ?> <div class="itemVideoEmbedded"> <?php echo $this->item->video; ?> </div> <?php else: ?> <span class="itemVideo"><?php echo $this->item->video; ?></span> <?php endif; ?> <?php if($this->item->params->get('itemVideoCaption') && !empty($this->item->video_caption)): ?> <span class="itemVideoCaption"><?php echo $this->item->video_caption; ?></span> <?php endif; ?> <?php if($this->item->params->get('itemVideoCredits') && !empty($this->item->video_credits)): ?> <span class="itemVideoCredits"><?php echo $this->item->video_credits; ?></span> <?php endif; ?> <div class="clr"></div> </div> <?php endif; ?>

You cannot move it in the middle of the Item text. Use Firebug to find things to remove that black background if you don´t want it. And to style it as you want.