Keyword

Restricted possibilities for users to edit a k2 item

More
13 years 4 months ago #96761 by lili
Hello,

I use k2 to allow registered members to edit articles on my website. Actually, they edit it with "add an item" in the k2 login module, and I publish after validation. They have the same editor than me.

I would like to restrict their editor. I would like to disable in their editor view "videos", "image gallery", "extrafields" and attachements.

Is it possible? And thanks a lot for this great component!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #96762 by BBC
JCE - Groups - Frontend - End there you chose Joomla Groups. (or Users) Then there just remove small icons you don´t want them to see.

More
13 years 4 months ago #96763 by BBC
A sorry. You want to remove K2 tabs in Item Manager.

Search forum. 2 days ago someone posted a link how to disable some things in K2 according usergroups permissions.

Read that and set for those tabs that only Superadministrators can see.

More
13 years 4 months ago #96764 by lili
Thank you. I have actually tried this solution, but it absolutly fails (I don't have any options, and when a user clicks on "add an item", he has a white page (no item manager)).

But it works for a lot of people, so here the link to the thread:

It could be usefull if some people find this thread to know where is the solution :)

I think I have a problem to use the hack, I have asked more details and help.

Thank you for this answer!

More
13 years 4 months ago #96765 by BBC
This one is better:http://community.getk2.org/forum/topics/hack-hide-options-for?comme... Use Winmerge or Beyond Compare software. If you follow all tips OK and get blank screen, you probably test tweak with different K2 version. Compare changes with Beyond Compare or Winmerge.