Keyword

Can´t upload pictures or attach pictures

More
13 years 4 months ago #96766 by dch
Hi guys,

I´m using the latest joomla and the latest k2. But I can´t upload or even attach a pictures thats already on the server. Attaching a file is making trouble too. When I want to upload anything, there is a blank page and that´s it. Has anyone an idea? The writing permissions seems to be okay, according the Joomla check.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #96767 by BBC
Permissions of folders maybe.

More
13 years 4 months ago #96768 by Josh
Perhaps try to check that your sites max upload size limit is correct both in the Joomla config as well in JCE editor (if your using it) or other editors.

Joomla's upload limit and JCE's upload limit have to be sufficient or they don't play nice. Otherwise is could be an ownership or permissions issue on your folders.

One thing, are you trying to replace an existing k2 article image ie overwrite/update it with a new one. Or are you trying to add a new image to a new article but the image is already located elsewhere on the server and its not allowing you to upload it?

More
13 years 4 months ago #96769 by dch
Thanks for your reply. I´ve already checked the writing permissions of the folders, thats okay. I can´t attach an image if it´s already on the server. Even not overwriting of an existing articel which contains an image already is possible.

More
13 years 4 months ago #96770 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Can´t upload pictures or attach pictures
If you are getting a blank screen, turn joomla error reporting to max and see if you get an error instead of blank page.

Also, check the info tab for k2 and be sure everything it needs is ok on your server

as above - max_upload size and also look at max execution time

More
13 years 4 months ago #96771 by BBC
Can you upload and atach in Item a Image with editor ?

More
13 years 4 months ago #96772 by Josh
Silly question but to be sure.. when uploading a new image in k2 article do you ensure that the "Check this box to delete current image or just upload a new image to replace the existing one" below the image box is ticked ?

First try to delete the image in one step and see if that works. Then re-upload it as a new image. (not overwriting any existing image)

I sometimes have a similar issue when trying to update article images. I upload them over the old one but the thumbnail in the back end doesn't update however in the front end (after clearing cache and global checkin) it displays just fine. Is this similar to what your are experiencing? This could be a cache issue. Try turning off the cache in the configuration and in the plugins folder then trying.

More
13 years 4 months ago #96773 by dch
Well, the blank page appears online in the backend, after a reload the backend is there again. the frontend is still working properly so the error reporting doesn´t show anything.

The max_upload_size is 8 MB, that´s fine. the max_execution_time is 30. 

More
13 years 4 months ago #96774 by dch
Well, that´s not the problem. Even when I want to upload an image with an new name it doesn´t work. But no I´ve seen, that I can place images via Editor into the content. There are only problems, when I use the tabs "images" and "attachments".

Josh said:
Silly question but to be sure.. when uploading a new image in k2 article do you ensure that the "Check this box to delete current image or just upload a new image to replace the existing one" below the image box is ticked ?

First try to delete the image in one step and see if that works. Then re-upload it as a new image. (not overwriting any existing image)

I sometimes have a similar issue when trying to update article images. I upload them over the old one but the thumbnail in the back end doesn't update however in the front end (after clearing cache and global checkin) it displays just fine. Is this similar to what your are experiencing? This could be a cache issue. Try turning off the cache in the configuration and in the plugins folder then trying.