Images field NOT working ...

• Jock
  • Jock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 4 months ago #96794 by Jock
Images field NOT working ... was created by Jock
Hi,

I basically deleted everything from my server to install a new version of Joomla (the very latest version).

After re-uploading Joomla I then installed K2. Everything seems fine and all of the content is still there however ... the problem I am noticing is that I cannot upload images to the images tab in either item or the category view? I can browse to an image and the path gets pasted in but when I click save it saves the item but no image is actually being saved.

I got it to output the error which is:

Warning: fopen() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/***/public_html/test/***/administrator/components/com_k2/lib/class.upload.php on line 2794 system information- class version : 0.29- operating system : Linux- PHP version : 5.2.9- GD version : 2.0.34- supported image types : png jpg gif bmp- open_basedir : /home/***/:/home2/***/:/usr/bin:/usr/lib/php:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/tmp- language : en_GBsource is an uploaded file- upload OK- file name OKdetermining MIME type- Checking MIME type with Fileinfo PECL extension    Fileinfo PECL extension not available- Checking MIME type with UNIX file() command    UNIX file() command failed- Checking MIME type with mime.magic file (mime_content_type())    mime_content_type() is not available- Checking MIME type with getimagesize()    MIME type detected as image/jpeg by PHP getimagesize() function- MIME validated as image/jpeg- can't read source file directly. open_basedir restriction in place?source variables- You can use all these before calling process()    file_src_name : music.jpg    file_src_name_body : music    file_src_name_ext : jpg    file_src_pathname : /tmp/php75koMb    file_src_mime : image/jpeg    file_src_size : 9226 (max= 67108864)    file_src_error : 0- source file is an image    image_src_x :     image_src_y :     image_src_pixels :     image_src_type : jpg    image_src_bits :

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nick Texidor
  • Visitor
13 years 4 months ago #96795 by Nick Texidor
Replied by Nick Texidor on topic Images field NOT working ...
Hi Jock,

Looking at the output, you have fopen() disabled on the server, I guess that would be the first thing to check, and then go from there.

N

• Jock
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 4 months ago #96796 by Jock
Replied by Jock on topic Images field NOT working ...
Does enabling that make the site any less secure? Why would it be disabled? I'm pretty sure I havent changed this since the re-install.

• Jock
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 4 months ago #96797 by Jock
Thanks a million Nick works fine now ;-)

• Nick Texidor
  • Visitor
13 years 4 months ago #96798 by Nick Texidor
Replied by Nick Texidor on topic Images field NOT working ...
Not sure about the security side of it Jock.  But glad you've got it working now.

N

• Jock
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 4 months ago #96799 by Jock
Yea it does, cheers!

After re-installation I only have one other problem and that is to do with the JCE editor not being embedded properly:

community.getk2.org/forum/topics/jce-editor-problems