Keyword

k2 comment email

• Salween
  • Salween's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 4 months ago #96847 by Salween
k2 comment email was created by Salween
hi Simon,

My problem is the commentors can give any fake (not real exist) email and leave their comments.

I want is the k2 comment have to check the email is real exist or just fake and i only want commentors insert their real email. i don't know where to fix it.

now i still using k2 version 2.2. i still can't update to version 2.4 because some of my template files are relate to k2 and i don't want to lose it. Please can you help me where to insert code or click on any command to solve this problem.

your sincerely,

Khu Salween

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #96848 by BBC
Replied by BBC on topic k2 comment email
How would you check if person behind email adress This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. exist ?

Make obligatory registration in Joomla and activation via email.

• Salween
More
13 years 4 months ago #96849 by Salween
Replied by Salween on topic k2 comment email
 hi BBC

i did reply the commentor with their email address  that appear in Joomla backend /under k2 comments list and it said that the email is not exist. and when i try to comment with not real exist email such as This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. in my own and the k2 still allow it.

actually i use gmail and it reply me like this -

" Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:     This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. details of permanent failure:The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or unnecessary spaces. Learn more at mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=6596"

you can visit my site at ktimes.org/en/ and you can enter comment with any not exist email and it will allow you.

thanks

nehlaw

More
13 years 4 months ago #96850 by BBC
Replied by BBC on topic k2 comment email
There is no way K2 (or Joomla" can check it). Only way is registration, with email verification.

Joomla can maybe check if email domain is registered, exist. But it wont help if someone use This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. 

Sending mails as you do and asking for some answer return back is unprofessional.

• Salween
More
13 years 4 months ago #96851 by Salween
Replied by Salween on topic k2 comment email
thanks for your reply.

Does the k2 can verify emails. If so then i would like to know how.