Keyword

best way to use K2 for multi-language sites?

• Dan Wood
  • Dan Wood's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 4 months ago #96895 by Dan Wood
I'm building a website that, through JoomFish, will actually be many different sites, each with a different language:mysite.com (US english)

mysite.de (german)

mysite.com.br (portuguese)

mysite.eu (UK english)

etc.

Each language site will have its own blog, written by a different author in a different language.

The sites require

an easy way for the German author to create a translation of an English blog post and post it to the German site's blog.
the ability for any author to create a post that does not appear in other languages, i.e. my Brazilian author can write Portuguese posts that do not show up in any other language.
any English post can show up in the Brazilian website's blog
English and Portuguese must never show up in the German blog

What is the best way to set this up?

The option I'm considering is to somehow change what the Blog menu link points to in each language (using a JoomFish plugin? not sure how to do this yet). Then make the Blog links actually point to a K2 page that only shows posts for the respective author of each language. Then I'll have to format the author pages to not show info about the author, but to just behave as if they were the main blog page for that language.

Or, is there a way that I can set up multiple "blogs" for each language using K2? How do I make it so that each blog will have tags and categories in the right language?

Can anyone comment on if I'm doing this right, or if there's another way? Any suggestions are appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.