Keyword

Items from categories list (Menu) not shown

• Raad Umar
  • Raad Umar's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 4 months ago #96904 by Raad Umar
Hi everybody.I have a strange problem. I have published a website using the categories list (Menu) component. In one specific category there are 21 items published (The item counter also indicates 21 articles) but when I select this category only 17 are displayed.I first thought that something went wrong with one of the missing items. So I deleted it and rewrote it. Now this article is shown, but another article that was shown previously disappeared.These missing articles are still in the system and can be reached through any other way (Tag cloud for example)I don't know if it's related, but when this category is selected some articles are listed side by side while others are listed one over the other.Help would really be appreciatedThank you :-)About the system:PHP Built on:     Linux websrv 2.6.32-30-server #59-Ubuntu SMP Tue Mar 1 22:46:09 UTC 2011 x86_64Database Version: 5.1.41-3ubuntu12.10Database Collation: utf8_general_ciPHP Version: 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.9Web Server: Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu)Web Server to PHP interface: apache2handlerJoomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.22 Stable [ senu takaa ama woi ] 04-November-2010 18:00 GMT K2 Version: v2.4.1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #96905 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic Items from categories list (Menu) not shown
Hi.

Is your category set up to show more than 17 items on a page? Look at your Category item layout settings and make sure that you are showing enough items.  Also you mention that some are listed side by side some one over the other, this is all controlled in that same area, it has to do with the number of columns chosen to display items.

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

• Raad Umar
More
13 years 4 months ago #96906 by Raad Umar
Replied by Raad Umar on topic Items from categories list (Menu) not shown
Hi...

Thank you for your answer... That helped me out of the 2 columns problem.

But I can't find any limitation about the shown amount of items (I could have missed it but checked it about 10 times)

Anyway... It's not a per page limit (Only 10 items are shown per page), it's the total amount of items that is wrong.

If you want to check how it looks by yourself you can go here (It's public):

www.fishstick.li/index.php/component/k2/itemlist/category/11-chaetodon

If you think I should check a precise setting could you give me the exact path to it?

I'm new to K2 and it's not easy for me :-P

Thank you again for your help.

U.R.

More
13 years 4 months ago #96907 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic Items from categories list (Menu) not shown
Hi.

That's a strange problem and I can't really tell from that page how it's configured...

Are all these missing items assigned to "Public"? Is there anything different about these items?

You say they all show up via tags, what tag are these invisible items they under?

--O.

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

• Raad Umar
More
13 years 4 months ago #96908 by Raad Umar
Replied by Raad Umar on topic Items from categories list (Menu) not shown
Hi,

You're right... A really strange problem. I don't think it's related to a specific setting of an item.

Why that:

1) when I delete the article and recreate it it appears again but a previously shown article dissapeared

2) when I checked the IDs of these articles, it were the ID's 8/9/10/11 which were missing. When I recreated one of the missing articles it's the article with ID 12 that vanished (and so on). That means that previously shown articles simply disappear (without modification in them)

About your second question there is one example... Chaetodon Lineolatus (sorry for the name). It should be shown there but doesn't show off. If you click on "reef associated" in the tag cloud it appears in the list.

strange...

Thank you again for your help.

U.R.