Keyword

K2 and ACESEF

• Jasper Newton
  • Jasper Newton's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 4 months ago #96953 by Jasper Newton
K2 and ACESEF was created by Jasper Newton
Dear all, I am currently experiencing an issue which is reducing the hair I have left on my head. Any advice would be very much apprecaited. I have installed ACEsef on my joomla/k2 site (www.tdbart.com). I am asking this question in here in the hope somebody may just have also experienced the same problem. The problem occurs when a new user clicks "create new account" in the K2 login module. The registration form appears and users can fill out all relevant fields. However, when the user clicks "register" it redirects to a login page saying "you must be registered to access the private area of this site" For information, all user groups/permissions are set up. When I disable ACEsef the problem stops. I have contacted ACEsef (JoomAce) and posted a support ticket, I am asking here just incase anybody has any ideas that might help. Thanks in advance

Jasper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jasper Newton
  • Jasper Newton's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 4 months ago #96954 by Jasper Newton
Replied by Jasper Newton on topic K2 and ACESEF
Hi all, just to let you know this issue has now been resolved, for anybody else who may experience this random issue, The solution may not what you may expect, It certainly was the last thing I would have thought of;After several issues with my site, I decided for a fresh start, and installed Joomla 1.5.23 from the back end. In a lapse of concentration I did not un-tick "install sample data". This therefore created all of Joomla menus, including the user menu The user menu automatically sets itself up as being SPECIAL. What this essentially does is when you click "register" in the k2 login module, ACEsef picks up that this link (account creation link) is in fact only for special users, thus redirecting to an admin login area. Upon deleting said menu, problem solved. I hope this can help anybody else who may have this issue. I don't know if K2 community can archive this for anybody else searching in the future, many thanks,Jasper.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.