Keyword

How do I publish the content of K2 on the front page?

• Yamin Zakaria
  • Yamin Zakaria's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 4 months ago #97009 by Yamin Zakaria
Hi

I have created some items which I can only view if I go to the menus linked to K2. How can I publish them on the front page? I would like to have a separate section for the K2 articles from the main Joomla content.

Regards

Yamin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 4 months ago #97010 by Yiota
You can either make a menu item to a K2 category as your frontpage. If the items you want to show have to be from more than one categories and you want to be able to control them somehow, you can just select to show the featured items of these categories.

Now, if you want to combine both Joomla frontpage items and K2, one of them will have to become a module.

• Yamin Zakaria
More
13 years 4 months ago #97011 by Yamin Zakaria
Replied by Yamin Zakaria on topic How do I publish the content of K2 on the front page?
Hi

How do I make my existing menu item of K2 as my front page?  In the main Joomla content there is a swithc which is ticked to make it a front page article.

Alternatively,if i import the entire content to K2, how would I make it a front page, and obviously I would deselct the Joomla contents thats currectly displayed on front page, in my case there are lots of articles. Maybe there is a quick way to delete them or untick the front page status.

Regards

Yamin

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 4 months ago #97012 by Yiota
You will have to change the menu item from Joomla Article Frontpage to a K2 category listing.

• Yamin Zakaria
More
13 years 4 months ago #97013 by Yamin Zakaria
Replied by Yamin Zakaria on topic How do I publish the content of K2 on the front page?
Yes, of course. But here is the key question. In Joomla content I cant display two sections/categories in the front page. Can I do this under K2? 

Also can I apply the current CSS in Joomla to K2? Or do I have to make the changes in the CSS file of K2?

Yamin

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 4 months ago #97014 by Yiota
You will have to choose as many categories as you want through the K2 menu item. You will probably have to change the K2 CSS for the styling because the classes that joomla uses for the content are not the same as the ones that K2 uses.

• Yamin Zakaria
More
13 years 4 months ago #97015 by Yamin Zakaria
Thats an option not available in Joomla 1.5, maybe 1.6. The best you can get is select one section or category, hence one more compelling reason to move to K2?

Yamin

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 4 months ago #97016 by Yiota
It's your choice.

More
13 years 4 months ago #97017 by Vickey
Hi Yamin,

Go to Module and create new Module then select K2 Category list and set this module on the front page.

You can modify settings in the module settings.

Or you may can use K2 Content Module.

• Yamin Zakaria
More
13 years 4 months ago #97018 by Yamin Zakaria
Hi

I have done that but there are coupld of problems. First a dot appears next to every article like bulletpoint and I cant get redi of that. Second, the control is limited in terms of how I want things to appear. Eventually I want four categories or sections listed with 5 articles in each section. Above that I want one major article.

Regards

Yamin