Keyword

Please Help With K2 User Settings

• Andy Briggs
  • Andy Briggs's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #97116 by Andy Briggs
Please Help With K2 User Settings was created by Andy Briggs
Hello,

I'm new to K2 and absolutely love it. In just a few days I have managed to set up the skeleton of a functioning K2 site, but I have hit a few problems and cannot find any documentation anywhere which will help me. I wonder if anybody here would be kind enough to assist me? Almost certainly the problems are due to something I am doing (or not doing) so here goes.....

The problems are in the display of user pages and author information. I have selected, for all categories, to display the extended author information after an item. All the options for this are switched on, yet there is no author info block visible.

Secondly, in category view the author's name above each listed item is a link, but when I click on it I get returned to the home page of the site. I was expecting this link to display the author's profile. I'd appreciate a solution to this, as well as any information anybody could give me about displaying user profiles in general. It doesn't seem to be as easy as, say, Community Builder, and there seem to be large gaps in the K2 documentation concerning the display of user information.

Thirdly, in item view the author's name above the item is not clickable at all, even though, as far as I can see, all the relevant parameters are switched on in item view.

A little about the user list: the users have been imported from Joomla 1.5 and assigned to a K2 group called "Registered". This group has all permissions set for frontend editing etc.

I am using the Joomlashine Epic Pro Template (latest version for J1.5).

Does anybody know where I am going wrong here, and how I can solve these problems?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Kind regards

Andy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.